• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It seems to me he is directing the comment to someone in particular. But hey - I'm just guessing. I don't personally think it is a good look regardless - but if it's just directed at some random critic, who really cares.

If it was directed at the coaching staff I don't think it will end well.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well the wording suggests he was dropped at a team meeting where he wasn't present.

Who knows. Will be interesting either way.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I thought that too when I first read it Seb, but having re-read it I actually think it sounds more like its not directed to the coaching staff. Maybe I am just being hopeful.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Anyways the Skelton V Horwill V Mumm decision is a tough one.

Skelton's had a poor 1st game, Solid second game - plus his set-piece weaknesses might not be as big of an issue we first thought.

Horwill with a superb effort off the bench

Mumm with a superb effort off the bench.

Glad our locks are finally going hard.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought Mumm's effort off the bench was better than Horwill's but then again the South Africans are better than the Argies. What I'd be curious about is whether either of those two would perform better than Skelton if they started.

I feel like a Skelton/Fardy starter with a Mumm/Hooper replacement is a good balance. The unfortunate thing for Hooper is that his pace and energy off the bench is too good an asset to pass up.

T

TOCC

Looking at the tweet again, and it might be that Quade was venting at someone who had perhaps criticised his selection in the team.. Someone on Twitter? A Journalist in Argentina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Looking at the tweet again, and it might be that Quade was venting at someone who had perhaps criticised his selection in the team.. Someone on Twitter? A Journalist in Argentina?

A poster on GAGR??

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So some of starting positions seem closer to being decided.

For me
Front 3 in front row seat (pardon the pun)
Sio
Moore
Kepu

TPN, Holmes and Slipper on the bench (Slipper is struggling with injuries and to nurse him through RWC best option is coming off bench)

Locks - Simmons, Skelton

Horwill, Mumm and Douglas to fight out for a bench option (Douglas unknown as not seen much of him but rated him for Tahs)

Flankers:
Pocock, Fardy / Mumm (he could perhaps Besh to replace Fardy but need to see more to confirm whether that reality

Bench: Hooper (like the idea of starting hooper and pocock but that means not starting skelton)

No 8. Palu/Mccalum

Bench: Cover could come from pocock switch to 8 for cover if only 5 forwards on bench but if do 6/2 bench (six forwards , 2 backs) could have higgers on bench

No. 9 - Phipps sown that up...Genia's injury means white is bench option but could have Giteau as cover there if go for 6/2 bench which better use of bench option perhaps

No 10. Cripes - hard one - Foley but needs to improve his goal kicking - Cooper just not in form and always found him too erratic to be a fan. He has a good passing game but you feel with Cooper he is more likely to lose you a game then win you a game. To'omua or giteau as 10 option might seriously need to be considered at this point as this position rather dire with foley / cooper not really putting there hand up convincingly 5

Bench cover: Giteau here as good bench cover....pls don't use beale there

No 11. Horne at the mo but Spreight/Tomane /Mitchell chasing

Bench cover: Mitchell would be best option if Giteau wins other back bench option over Beale as covers FB as well, but if Beale other back bench option then open race per above

No. 12 - To'omua

Bench cover: Giteau or Beale

No 13. Kuds sown up

Bench cover: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) switching from 14

No. 14: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (he has to be in the side as very consistent quality player)

Bench cover: refer discussion for 11

No 15: Izzy

Bench cover: Mitchell or Beale

So at this point the only real concern is no comfortable options showing up to say covered 10....or indeed goalkicking!!!

Moore 3. Kepu 4. Simmons 5. Skelton
6. Fardy 7. Pocock 8. McCalman 9. Phipps 10. Cooper
11. Tomane 12. To'omua 13. Kuridrani 14. Ashley-Cooper 15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau 17. Slipper 18. Holmes 19. Mumm/Horwill 20. Higganbotham
21. White 22. Beale 23. Horne

or

1. Sio 2. Moore 3. Kepu 4. Simmons 5. Skelton
6. Fardy 7. Pocock 8. McCalman 9. Phipps 10. Foley
11. Tomane 12. Giteau 13. Kuridrani 14. Ashley-Cooper 15. Folau

16. Polota-Nau 17. Slipper 18. Holmes 19. Mumm/Horwill 20. Higganbotham
21. White 22. Beale 23. Horne

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I guess it will give all the keyboard warriors a chance to dump shit on him despite having no idea of the context. Even if it was an unwise snap, as a human being we all have them from time to time. Plenty of people on this forum engage their typing fingers before engaging their brain and make it a frequent habit.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Anyways the Skelton V Horwill V Mumm decision is a tough one.

Skelton's had a poor 1st game, Solid second game - plus his set-piece weaknesses might not be as big of an issue we first thought.

Horwill with a superb effort off the bench

Mumm with a superb effort off the bench.

Glad our locks are finally going hard.

Except Mumm's cameo wasn't at lock, it was at 6 was it not.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
With regards to the text, these blokes really need to give the "social" media away or at least have a non-engagement policy to people they don't really know. There are just so many shit heads in cyberland that love to bait anybody and everything. Probably half of them are bots.

They all receive "training" in social media now days, or should so regardless of context it is disappointing. On the same token one or two of us here have bitten on rancid bait from time to time....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It is not a wise tweet from Quade and probably should be told that by relevant management but not worth devoting too much discussion on this beyond comment that just not a tweet that does him any favours irrespective of context.

As yes probably done in the heat of the moment for a player who has copped a lot of criticism and been under pressure. It happens.

I am not going to engage in discussion on this beyond this post as personally can imagine a player like Quade after so long out with injury is feeling the pressure as he does get more than his fair share of press on how he performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.