• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think Link ever got many opportunities to be a captain, but you'd have to assume from his coaching success that he'd have done a decent job.

Props don't get to see enough of the game because they should be doing hard yakka
It's hard to get the ref to think in your favour if you're relying on second hand reports

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has Inside Shoulder ever responded positively about anything rugby related?

I think you've been a disgruntled follower for so long that you now detest everything about the Waratahs, Wallabies and rugby in general.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Maybe he was the bloke who stood up at the fan forum and said (something like) "I stopped coming to games 10 years ago and I can't even watch you play any more, but here's what I think..." ;)

A

Army_Gav

Are any of the "woop woop patrol" coming down to the Stockade for round 2 against us?

R

rugby_man

I am hearing reports that there have been players invited to train with the Super franchises main squad. Rohan Saifoloi and Afusipa Taumoepeau have been invited to train with the Tahs. Although I was of the understanding that there were only 30 main squad players and 5 EPS players to cover for injury. Sam Lane has been linked with the Melbourne Rebels on a training basis as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have we heard anything about who's taking over the captaincy? I'd like to see Robinson, Mitchell or Barnes. I hope it's not Elsom.

I hope Elsom is named captain... But Mumm fills in the role for most of the season which forces his selection over better candidates...

Mwahahahahaha...

Seriously though, I'm thinking Robinson... Or maybe TPN?

You don't want your chief playmaker doubling as captain...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He should be. He would have had the knee reco in early September. With a good recovery, he should be right by late February.

It will probably be close though. He could miss the first couple of rounds.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If Fatcat is injured it will have to be Barnes or Mitchell. Dennis could be an option, Horne is just too young, TPN gets injured too often, Palu is the same as TPN, Vickerman could be an option but referee's hate him, Carter doesn't come across as a leader.

hmm AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

Status
Not open for further replies.