• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If all but AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) are in sky blue they must have got them from somewhere - whether they're 2011,2012 or whatever - so thats not a plausible excuse.

None of them are in next year's (or this year's) jersey, Foley is in 7s kit (admit that should have been organised - he was with the team) AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is in Wallaby kit, and he was with the Tahs for the first time this week, and even then he had to trek up to Newcastle for the ARU announcement. Same deal with Pretorius. Vickerman is in what looks to be a 2007/2008 jumper.

The 2012 Tahs jersey will be the same design as that worn by the 2011 RWC teams that use Canterbury jerseys.

Source?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This misses the point: by hook or by crook the rebels got their 2 biggest signings into rebel kit took a photo and bunged in the website.
It's not rocket surgery.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
This misses the point: by hook or by crook the rebels got their 2 biggest signings into rebel kit took a photo and bunged in the website.
It's not rocket surgery.

True, but if they are doing something more useful with their time, like training for next year, I wouldn't really mind.

Stade Toulosian dont even have a picture of Luke Burgess up yet.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do you reckon the IT runs training?
Fo the tahs have different training requirements to the rebels?
The little things do matter at this level.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
#1 Tah - RE: 2012 Waratahs jersey...I was at the Canterbury store in Alexandria last week and was shown a catalogue with the 2012 Tahs range. From memory, the home jersey is the traditional sky blue with navy piping and the away jersey is predominantly white this time around.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Do you reckon the IT runs training?
Fo the tahs have different training requirements to the rebels?
The little things do matter at this level.

Thats not what I said...

What I meant was, if they are using time that could be used to take a photo of someone like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to absolutely belt him on the training paddock and ultimately win the comp, i really dont care about what colours he is in.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
#1 Tah - RE: 2012 Waratahs jersey...I was at the Canterbury store in Alexandria last week and was shown a catalogue with the 2012 Tahs range. From memory, the home jersey is the traditional sky blue with navy piping and the away jersey is predominantly white this time around.

Thanks, looks interesting, will go have a gander for myself today :)

T

TOCC

Go on: try admitting the rebels have already got Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) pride of place in rebels jerseys.
I thought #1677 (i.e. the post 2 before yours) above was pretty positive - but I guess theres a limit to how much research you are up for.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Jeez buddy ease up a bit, Pretorious only just finished in South Africa and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Vickerman are probably still on holidays after returning from the RWC campaign..

You cant compare Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) to those signings, the two new inclusions to the Rebels squad are the biggest signings the club has had in its short history, so of course they were going to make a strong effort to get them photographed. They need to included there faces on all the membership packages... NSW already have a host of big name marketable players that they dont need to worry about including AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Vicks or Pretorious.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Thanks, looks interesting, will go have a gander for myself today :)

No worries. The catalogue was brought out from behind the counter and shown to me when I asked about the 2012 Tahs jersey.

BTW, Canterbury are starting their annual warehouse sale on 10 November so you may like to wait until then to visit if you haven't been there yet.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well, it used to be the case didn't it?

I think the Reds fans may have the edge currently.

its not actually a reference to one eyed fans - its a reference to the preparedness of tahs fans to be blind to all the ways they are let down and the team itself is let down by the institution.
I'm positive they can do better.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeez buddy ease up a bit, Pretorious only just finished in South Africa and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Vickerman are probably still on holidays after returning from the RWC campaign..

You cant compare Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) to those signings, the two new inclusions to the Rebels squad are the biggest signings the club has had in its short history, so of course they were going to make a strong effort to get them photographed. They need to included there faces on all the membership packages... NSW already have a host of big name marketable players that they dont need to worry about including AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Vicks or Pretorious.

Yep.

The Rebels have brought 'em down to get the PR rolling...

JOC (James O'Connor) and Mortlock have been at the Spring Carnival getting interviewed on Channel 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.