• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is a good idea. Why should the Tahs have to listen to your feedback if you don't have some "skin in the game"?

I can see the argument.
I'm torn over this because i agree that they have to get out there and talk it up.
Its no bad thing to acknowledge the crap they dished up last year.
But I have a feeling of deja vu all over again.....

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I can see the argument.
I'm torn over this because i agree that they have to get out there and talk it up.
Its no bad thing to acknowledge the crap they dished up last year.
But I have a feeling of deja vu all over again.....

I still think it's funny that if the Tahs hadn't lost to the cheetahs at home I think there season would have been greated with much more positive headlines, one loss really influenced people's opinions

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I still think it's funny that if the Tahs hadn't lost to the cheetahs at home I think there season would have been greated with much more positive headlines, one loss really influenced people's opinions

To expand upon what IS said, I really dont care about stats, not even win loss ratios. I just wasnt to see a Tahs side pay well chg execute a game plan well, be it 10 man rugby, brumbie ball or free running backs. I dont care I like it all. My spray last year was an attack on the ongoing culture that espoused a view that statisics could price they had a good season, even though the standard of their skills execution and at times their basic commitment just wasnt up to standard. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) this week has said similar things about the Wallabies, surprise surprise.

A new season beckons and I face it with hope, yet again, but like most of the crowd I know the angst is still simmering under the surface, there is much to be done to win back loyalty and I might add memberships.

W

What2040

The Reds did it, that is, turned around the support,crowd and memberships by winning and playing exciting rugby. No reason why the Tahs cannot do the same in 2012. A strong Tahs with crowd support etc etc is just as important to Australian rugby as a successful Reds. AND SURELY AT THE END OF THE DAY - WE ALL WANT THAT

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
You may be right - but it wouldn't have changed the stats based play

I think the reaction to the loss actually made the Tahs a worse side last year (on top of injuries) they played like they were trying to prove something and what gnostic said was what got my goat, instead of playing ten man rugby with a dominate pack they felt the need to try to do to much at once, all it led to was mistakes.

I look forward to this year, I look forward to Michael Foleys reign as coach, been a long time fan and I'm really happy he got his chance with the Tahs. I just hope everyone gets fit and well.

P.s. I.S - pretorious is in a Tahs shirt on there website today, they have updated his profile to.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the reaction to the loss actually made the Tahs a worse side last year (on top of injuries) they played like they were trying to prove something and what gnostic said was what got my goat, instead of playing ten man rugby with a dominate pack they felt the need to try to do to much at once, all it led to was mistakes.

I look forward to this year, I look forward to Michael Foleys reign as coach, been a long time fan and I'm really happy he got his chance with the Tahs. I just hope everyone gets fit and well.

P.s. I.S - pretorious is in a Tahs shirt on there website today, they have updated his profile to.

geez - its all coming together
Against my better judgment i actually started to fell like supporting them as i read your post...must stay strong....been let down too many times....must stay strong

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
geez - its all coming together
Against my better judgment i actually started to fell like supporting them as i read your post...must stay strong....been let down too many times....must stay strong

If you don't care then them winning shouldn't matter, being let down is a NSW institution. It means when we win it will mean something, unlike those in QLD.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
how can you be so sure what it will be like

Cos I have faith, always faith, never rewarded but always there faith. So many people let you down in life, while the Tahs might not win at least they turn up and for that I reward them with my faith. When they win, I will reward them by showing the exact same faith I had when they were losing.

T

tranquility

Cos I have faith, always faith, never rewarded but always there faith. So many people let you down in life, while the Tahs might not win at least they turn up and for that I reward them with my faith. When they win, I will reward them by showing the exact same faith I had when they were losing.

Your a mad bastard WJ, but that is a beautiful attitude. If only more people in Australia adopted the same attitude, would would bring back genuine pride in the jersey and foster the spirt of clubs in the north such as Munster, Leinster and Wasps. Instead we have a society of 'bandwagon-ers' who jump on an are experts when we are going well, but jump off at the first sign of trouble. Victoria is perhaps the only state not guilty of it, with the passion for afl sides (especially lowly ones) unmatches by any other code here or abroad. Up here in Brisbane, we are probably the worst offenders where we jump from the Lions, Broncs and Reds when they are winning and give the other codes the slipper when there out on the canvas. Just the way it is though.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
You better be legit, I'd prefer to watch a youngen whinge than last year's character.

I only rant positively towards the Waratahs, especially for a forum in relation to next year - They havent put one foot wrong FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.