• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
“His speed and support make him a constant threat and his versatility is another asset – he’s equally strong on the wing.

This from a media release about Sarel Pretorius; pretty interesting. I don't think we will see him on the wing, but after the injuries of last year we can't really rule anything out.

B

Burke's Boot

"That clodhopper" has been the first choice 10 for the best Shute Shield club over the last five years. Given the abundance of talent at the club, it seems unusual that someone so poor has reached such lofty heights. Or is it perhaps that your rush to judgement is a little hasty.

Behind that Student Corps pack i would probably look handy too. He's a latter day Shaun Berne.

B

Burke's Boot

Sitting behind that Uni pack is a rather comfortable spot. The reality is that "best 10" in the Shute Shield ain't no high accolade, Hangers is solid and safe but rarely a threat

What game did he really stink the joint up in this year, against a Kiwi side i think in NZ when he wouldn't have been able to tackle himself either?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What game did he really stink the joint up in this year, against a Kiwi side i think in NZ when he wouldn't have been able to tackle himself either?

he was coming back from a shoulder reconstruction, he had a shocker, but he is better than that game

Reactions: DPK

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Crusaders, missed a few tackles, and threw the pass to Fruean. We missed Barnes badly that game.

There was another appalling miss on Lambie against the Sharks, although he did set-up Turner for a great try later on. I wouldn't say he's a bad defender but he's a few one off shockers which have been costly.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sitting behind that Uni pack is a rather comfortable spot. The reality is that "best 10" in the Shute Shield ain't no high accolade, Hangers is solid and safe but rarely a threat

Then again, so is sitting behind a Waratahs pack. We were dominated for 40 minutes last season, against the Crusaders, every other game we gained parity or had dominance.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Then again, so is sitting behind a Waratahs pack. We were dominated for 40 minutes last season, against the Crusaders, every other game we gained parity or had dominance.

I more or less agree, and this was one of the key reasons the Tahs backline was so disappointing last season. Our backs should have been much more threatening.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think the reaction to the loss actually made the Tahs a worse side last year (on top of injuries) they played like they were trying to prove something and what gnostic said was what got my goat, instead of playing ten man rugby with a dominate pack they felt the need to try to do to much at once, all it led to was mistakes.

I look forward to this year, I look forward to Michael Foleys reign as coach, been a long time fan and I'm really happy he got his chance with the Tahs. I just hope everyone gets fit and well.

P.s. I.S - pretorious is in a Tahs shirt on there website today, they have updated his profile to.

What part got your goat?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Not sure about WJ's claim that Pretorius has had a change of clothes. On the Team > Super Rugby Squad page Pretorius is still in orange, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in gold, Foley in green and gold and Elsom and Vickerman in dark blue waratah windcheaters.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hawko, you have to use your imagination!

Helps to close your eyes and picture them in a Waratah jersey

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Not sure about WJ's claim that Pretorius has had a change of clothes. On the Team > Super Rugby Squad page Pretorius is still in orange, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in gold, Foley in green and gold and Elsom and Vickerman in dark blue waratah windcheaters.

I clicked through a Facebook link, he was in a new tags training top and the profile it loaded had the same. Odd.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I clicked through a Facebook link, he was in a new tags training top and the profile it loaded had the same. Odd.

They tell me I should keep up with the new technology but its tough for us old blokes who were born before electronic calculators were invented. I just can't believe I have to do facebook and twitter in order to keep up. :)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
They tell me I should keep up with the new technology but its tough for us old blokes who were born before electronic calculators were invented. I just can't believe I have to do facebook and twitter in order to keep up.

Your saying you watch rugby with no knowledge of what Quade had for lunch or when JOC (James O'Connor) last got his tips frosted?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good one fatprop - though to be fair I thought I saw a bit of QC (Quade Cooper) ruggedness in the tackle in the RWC.

Only sometimes, but it was a good sign.

Let's not forget that it was not too long ago that KB (Kurtley Beale) got pilloried on the forum for poor tackling and we don't talk about that much these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.