• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Lee, I have a slightly different take on it. I think some senior people at Tah HQ have the belief that Bowen has long term potential as a rugby coach. But this year, 2011, the backs coaching as measured by the Tahs backline performance was very poor. The skills execution and the running lines, not to mention the kicking, were seriously flawed. I think that's why Gaffney was brought in and that's what he'll concentrate on in 2012. Bowen will likely get the defence coaching role and if he stuffs that up too then its off to the knackery for him.

I do hope this is not wishful thinking on my part. I long to see a return to Waratahs backline rugby. I've lived long enough to see it at its best and worst. Its best was sublime, and I want it back!

PS. I think the gesture of sending Muggleton south to the Rebels was misguided, but one of extrordinary generosity. The sort of human response you have to seeing a starving Biafran picture and sending all your money to Oxfam. Their defence last year was as bad as it gets.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The 2011 Waratahs jerseys (home, away, pro, classic, charity) are being cleared out for $50 by Canterbury during their warehouse sale at 195 Botany Road, Alexandria.

Other Tahs gear is at least 50% off. Caps $5 and some polos $30. RWC 2011 gear is also on special.

For the Tahs fans who can’t get there, the Tahs email newsletter indicates you can get the same deal at on the Canterbury website with the promo code: WTAHSALE2011 until 30 November. The website is also offering free delivery during November as well.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The 2011 Waratahs jerseys (home, away, pro, classic, charity) are being cleared out for $50 by Canterbury during their warehouse sale at 195 Botany Road, Alexandria.

Other Tahs gear is at least 50% off. Caps $5 and some polos $30. RWC 2011 gear is also on special.

For the Tahs fans who can’t get there, the Tahs email newsletter indicates you can get the same deal at on the Canterbury website with the promo code: WTAHSALE2011 until 30 November. The website is also offering free delivery during November as well.

Awesome news. Thanks for the tip.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Has anyone heard any more about Drew's ankle? Apart from the twitter comments I haven't heard or seen anything.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Barnes the new Waratah captain?

This was the season launch yesterday.

22112.jpg

The one thing that works against this is that it has been announced that Mortlock will remain Rebels captain.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
no just a golden boy. JOC (James O'Connor) isn't the Rebels skipper.

Its the Wallaby players. Rocky's not in the Wallabies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You know you've had a rough season when Moore is the face of your team....

Based on player recruitment he's an odd face to the organisation as well. I mean I really like Moore but he's a bread-and-butter kind of rugger player and the Brumbies seem to have recruited a very showy line-up.

I expect them to look very much like the Reds of '10, Moore wouldn't look out of place playing NH style rugger.

I did say that...

Unless I'm wrong (and I'm almost expecting to be) Horwill is the only confirmed captain in the lot.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Boy oh boy that Queensland jersey is red: is it just my monitor?

I feel like someone roundhouse kicked my retinas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom