• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I want Lopeti to start growing 3 rats... he will be even better than his brother. If he doesn't I'm calling him Left Eye Lopeti

U

Utility Back

QLDers cant even figure out how to do emoticons! :fishing

Haha, can win a Super Rugby tournament though.

Sorry that was uncalled for, but i just had to.:lmao:

Truth i reckon your lineup for the last 2 seasons is bloody impressive, more so than next years. problem being it was absolutely ravaged by the end of the season. You blokes could have roled the blues i reckon if you had your starting line up this year in the semis.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agree - but a lot of teams could say the same thing, Our injuries seemed to happen to key players though.

But we're undefeated in 2012 so far.

Go the Tahs!

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
You blokes could have roled the blues i reckon if you had your starting line up this year in the semis.

Players who were unavailable for the final through injury/U20/etc: Kepu, Polota-Nau, Fitzpatrick, Baxter, Vickerman, Jowitt, Palu, Mowen, McCutcheon, Burgess, Barnes, Mitchell, Horne, Kingston, Halangahu... and it was still two tries all; kicking was the difference...

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Is everyone still keen for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to play 15 still. I thought he has looked disappointing the last 2 games. I'm increasingly convinced Mitchell would make a great go of it.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Mitchell needs to stick to the wing, absolutely on fire whenever he's been there for the Tahs. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s still a better fullback than 13 imo.

No question bout it, he was great on the wing. He got himself more involved by coming off the wing and making runs from midfield and 1st receiver. Surely 15 would allow him to do this at will and roam the paddock as he pleases. Without Beale we could really use our most dangerous attacker touching the ball as much ad possible.

We have plenty of options for the wing.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
In the backs I like 10. Barnes 11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 12. Horne 13. Carter 14. Turner 15. Mitchell. Horne was great from 12 in that pool match and TC is an excellent defender from either 12 or 13.

Agree re Mitchell and counter-attack.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I want to see a horne-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) midfield, with barnes playing at the line throwing flat cut-out passes like he did against the springboks in Brisbane in 2009.

Except when you play us. I hope you revert to the carter-cross midfield for that game with halangahu at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.