• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If he signed with the Tah's it would have to be for the 2014 season so he could fit in a stint in Japan on his way to make it more financially attractive.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...driscoll-move-to-waratahs-20121018-27t1b.html

So SMH is reporting that as BOD is an HSBC Ambassador, the chances of him coming to the Tahs is greater. It still says he is contracted until June so I don't really see how it is possible.

Whether he is still a viable commodity in 2014 is a great unknown.

The SMH article likens the potential of it to the signing of Del Piero for Sydney FC. The problem is that Super Rugby is a world class competition. It doesn't really provide the potential for a swansong for international greats in the twilight of their career like the A League does.

BOD will be 35 in 2014. That's the same age Mortlock was this year. Whilst BOD has probably had less recurrent injury problems than Mortlock, 2014 is a long way away when you're on the wrong side of 30.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does anyone else think this is a stupid idea. We would get an old 13 coming to a club with 2 wallaby 13's, an up-and-comer in Kingston and a 12 who plays like a 13 in Chariots.

If we're going to get a marquee player don't look for one in the position where we have the greatest depth. Get a flyhalf or get burgo back.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone else think this is a stupid idea. We would get an old 13 coming to a club with 2 wallaby 13's, an up-and-comer in Kingston and a 12 who plays like a 13 in Chariots.

If we're going to get a marquee player don't look for one in the position where we have the greatest depth. Get a flyhalf or get burgo back.
Just think .........we could have been starting with Burgo and Beale but we let them go.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Did Burgess leave the Tahs because they weren't looking after him? I thought it was due to lack of Wallaby match time, or the urge to try green pastures whilst still fit.

And I'm not sure the loss of Beale was all the Tahs fault either. Truckloads of cash have been talked about as well.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I wonder if Gaffney was not a Randwick man, as Cheika is, and didn't have some history with him, if he would not be out also.

The players like the grumpy backs coach but he didn't get the backs playing well in 2012 did he?

Let's see though.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder if Gaffney was not a Randwick man, as Cheika is, and didn't have some history with him, if he would not be out also.

The players like the grumpy backs coach but he didn't get the backs playing well in 2012 did he?

Let's see though.

IIRC Gaffney worked at Leinster with Cheika.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
IS - he got sacked this Arvo.

Lee - I'm still not to sure of gaffneys involvement this year and what he actually did. If reports are true Foley & Co tried to have him sacked mid year as "cost cutting". Gaffney himself has also said he never got the chance to be hands on. If he is the right man or not I don't know but I don't think he can be judged on the Tahs 2012 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.