• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Hmmm - I see that they are using the dial of "Double D" (Dave Dennis) on the advertising for the Crusaders trial game.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=WARACRUS13#.UQvHDfLGN3M

That should shorten his price of being the Tahs captain.

Here's another clue >>>>>> View attachment 3189

Well I don't know him intimately but do have some experience of his leadership skills. I was in the Uni Colts system at the stage he was captaining the 1st XV. He was a bloody good captain and moreover, where plenty of the guys were dickbags who were full of their own brilliance, DD would be there to see lower grades, always kind and supportive and a good leader on the field.

Love that photo, too.

All in all, I reckon they could do much worse than if they do go that way.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
[As to why I said the teams weren't apples for apples.]
Their 1st half team looks like their best side except for missing Beale and Higginbotham. Our part-timers are in for a dose of cruel reality though it should be better for them after oranges.

Alternatively, they'll play out of their skins trying to impress the new boss and absolutely smash the Rebels top team. Just hoping.... I expect there will be a couple of the wider squad who will be impressive - AJ for one - and its fun to speculate who the others might be. Time will tell.

Does anyone know whether Saifoloi got a gig anywhere or has he gone OS? I'm surprised that after last season's performance no one seems to have wanted to give him a shot. We have of course got an absolute plethora of good attacking 10's in Oz. ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Not trackies.
He was walking back up Driver Ave with someone who looked like a coach and another "player" - my eldest recognised him - conversation went something like:
IS: do you know those guys?
Son of IS:why the f*** would I know them? One of them was the scots 5/8
IS: Kellaway
Son of IS: no you frigging dickhead..the other bloke
IS: Horwitz?
Son of IS: Yes.
IS: What's he doing?
Son of IS: How the f*** would I know?

ARU academy????? (I have no idea if there is one or what they do or wear): Starsky & Hutch like I caught him in the rear view mirror.

Inside Shoulder, With such expressive and articulate communication skills from Son of IS, I reckon that you would opine that every cent of the annual extortion (aka school fees) is an astute investment.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
DD would be a good captain, I reckon. He's an 80 minute player, tough, and hard-working. Makes more sense than Robbo, who is usually off for the last 20 or 30.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I have to put my hand up and say that Dennis has surprised me as a player - or more to the point: I under-estimated him badly to start with.

I first remember seeing him come on for the Tahs off the bench one night to play in the 2nd row, years ago, and I thought, "Why is this short-arsed nose-picker in the Waratahs stable?" It took me too long to realise what value he had.

Every side at every level needs hard working, no-nonsense players like him - probably not too many of them because you need a bit of nonsense - but some.

The tards have picked up AJ Gilbert I hear? Bloody good signing, if he can find his junior form again.

He's not contracted but was invited to train with the squad, and has stood out in my eyes.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
If anyone if considering getting tickets in the pre-sale, best to get to a Ticketek/Ticketmaster outlet or call them. Much better selection of seating on offer than on their website. I was offered sideline seats online and managed to get seats around half way in the eastern stand at an outlet.

T

TOCC

where are you getting your updates from qwerty?
ive read the tahs twitter feed, but they only mentioned that he scored, aren't actually talking much about the game.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Try following the #rebVWar feed, the Tah-tweeter is having some grammatical issues...the @melbournerebels account & @rebel_army are pretty quick

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The tards have picked up AJ Gilbert I hear?

Bloody good signing, if he can find his junior form again.

If that's possible, he was only average at best in the Brisbane club comp when he was signed to the Reds. He looked the part but never delivered. He must be getting on a bit in years, where has he been for the past three or four?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
News reports show Folau scoring a try and say he is going well. Waratahs up 13-11 at half time. Should be into 2nd half by now.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
News reports show Folau scoring a try and say he is going well. Waratahs up 13-11 at half time. Should be into 2nd half by now.
so he'll be hailed as the messiah of NSW rugby in the papers tomorrow? Good to hear his first game is going well in all seriousness

Status
Not open for further replies.