• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
There are a few Uni players down there. No problems with combinations for the SS Grand Final.

6. Dyer
7. Saffy
8. Davidson
9. Stirzaker
10. Foley/Roberts
11. Kingston
12. Mitchell
13. Inman
14. English
15. Rokobaro
Guess you can add Burgess to that list.

something

Jim Clark (26)
2014 will be the Tahs year. Foley isn't a premiership winning fly half. Beale is. Its important for them to retain Folau & Douglas.

T

Train Without a Station

There are a few Uni players down there. No problems with combinations for the SS Grand Final.

6. Dyer
7. Saffy
8. Davidson
9. Stirzaker
10. Foley/Roberts
11. Kingston
12. Mitchell
13. Inman
14. English
15. Rokobaro

I'm not sure what the deal is but most of those players if not playing for the Rebels aren't playing in Melboure.

Davidson and Roberts are both Melbourne Uni players but have only gone back played for Sydney Uni due to them not getting clearance/release to play in Melbourne. Likewise Trent Dyer has played 1 game, and only because it was the Rebels Ball or something like that last weekend.

I'm told that Luke Jones after Super Rugby will be turning out for Melbourne Uni, but I think that may have more to do with the differences between Sydney Uni and Manly and their regards for their fringe Super Rugby home grown players, and less to do with any desire from the Rebels to have their players playing in Shute Shield.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The point is they were all developed at Sydney Uni and that the majority have had Hill as a coach at Sydney Uni

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
2014 will be the Tahs year. Foley isn't a premiership winning fly half. Beale is. Its important for them to retain Folau & Douglas.
I was just thinking, there is only one article in the Herald mentioning Foley is apparently moving to Melbourne. The move from Kingston is all over the place, from multiple news sites to the Rebels website.
Maybe this Foley move to Melbourne is purely rumour otherwise I'm sure the Rebels would have been trumpeting it up louder than the Kingston signing.

Just a thought.....

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was just thinking, there is only one article in the Herald mentioning Foley is apparently moving to Melbourne. The move from Kingston is all over the place, from multiple news sites to the Rebels website.
Maybe this Foley move to Melbourne is purely rumour otherwise I'm sure the Rebels would have been trumpeting it up louder than the Kingston signing.

Just a thought...
the rebels media can only handle one big announcement at a time, otherwise they lose impact

just waiting to announce signings of J Wilkinson, B O'Discoll, R McCaw and A Strauss :)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Just a thought...

The SMH article is not definitive. Maybe Foley is going but I don't think its written in stone just yet. If he does go I would be devastated for him - the Rebels outside backs are great defenders but they will not allow him to have the same impact he had at the Tahs this year, they are just too pedestrian. Bad news for the Tahs too - Foley is developing into the best 10 prospect we've had since Beale. If Beale is coming I'd want him and Folau as the two fullbacks rather than promoting Beale to 10.

A backline of Phipps, Foley, Crawford, Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau and Beale would be terrifying!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
So Barnes is going next year, McKibben isn't the answer to our goal kicking issues. Is there a reliable goal kicker worthy of his place in the starting team in 2014?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I'll lean on the side of 'joke', purely because of all the speculation about him, Foley, KB (Kurtley Beale) and Izzy. Might prompt some action from people sitting on their hands.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He can sign with the pirates and play with another Soup Franchise.

We don't really need him playing for the Tahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes but that would be quite odd seeing as he'll never play Shute Shield. If you sign with the Tahs, you have to align with a club whether you'll play or not.

Anyway I'm sure it was a joke but not a very funny one.

Status
Not open for further replies.