• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Good news.

Surely such an event does not occur in a vacuum. So does this mean that Folau is not going to re-sign? Or that Beale is going elsewhere? Or that Folau will play on the wing?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think it could mean we are only getting one of Beale or Folau, tough to see how we could fit all 3 into the team whilst keeping all 3 happy. Unless Folau is eyeing a move to 13 I think he has mentioned this previously, not a huge fan of his performances on the wing either.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hugh Roach has been listed as a bench player for the Force vs B&I Lions match.

It will be interesting to see how he goes "in the big league" if he gets some game time.

If he realises the potential that many see in him, then Tahs should begin immediate negotiations to get him on board for 2014.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Good news.

Surely such an event does not occur in a vacuum. So does this mean that Folau is not going to re-sign? Or that Beale is going elsewhere? Or that Folau will play on the wing?

I would imagine now that Foley has re-signed, we would sign Beale, and Izzy would go back to league.

9.Phipps
10.Foley
11. Betham
12. Horne
13. Ashley Cooper
14. Crawford
15. Beale

Looks strong.....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hugh Roach has been listed as a bench player for the Force vs B&I Lions match.

It will be interesting to see how he goes "in the big league" if he gets some game time.

If he realises the potential that many see in him, then Tahs should begin immediate negotiations to get him on board for 2014.
I thought the consensus was that is too small for s 15 @ 2.
Which game will his old man be watching??

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I would imagine now that Foley has re-signed, we would sign Beale, and Izzy would go back to league.

9.Phipps
10.Foley
11. Betham
12. Horne
13. Ashley Cooper
14. Crawford
15. Beale

Looks strong...

I really don't want to lose Folau, but reading the tea leaves that seems like the most likely outcome.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm guessing the Force game.

I don't think Hugh Roach is the son of Steve 'Blocker' Roach. That is Dan Roach who used to play prop for Eastern Suburbs.
Got 'em confused. No doubt due to the fact that I assume, like me, that no one gets any older.
Is this the roach that plays for Eastwood?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He is too small - isnt he?

I think he's pretty short but I think he's potentially got the bulk. I think he is around 100kg and is only 20 so he should bulk up more in the next couple of years.

I guess time will tell. I expect he'll get an EPS spot somewhere next year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think he's pretty short but I think he's potentially got the bulk. I think he is around 100kg and is only 20 so he should bulk up more in the next couple of years.

I guess time will tell. I expect he'll get an EPS spot somewhere next year.
Searched all over Eastwood's website for his vital stats - I could have registered for $400 but that's all there is under "players". He's does not appear to be on the force's website.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Really pleased to see Foley has re-signed with the Tahs. So either Tahs HQ tried to re-sign him on the cheap or the Rebels were paying over the top for him. Either way, happy he is staying with the Tahs. He is getting better and hopefully the coaching team can help him to improve his kicking game before 2014.

Agree with other posts that some people have short memories as it wasn't ten years since someone has backtracked on signing a contract in Australia. Just need to go back to 2012. Likely to have been many more. It's just that they were never made public.

Don't think the Rebels can get too upset as the Letter of Intent isn't a contract.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best on field vs Samoa for the Sydney Academy from what I saw. He was up against some big boys and handled it fine.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Don't think the Rebels can get too upset as the Letter of Intent isn't a contract.

I'm only an armchair Lawyer, however if it's an agreement between two parties to exchange goods/services then a court might have a different opinion.

If they have no benefit/legal weight then I ask why have them?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I'm only an armchair Lawyer, however if it's an agreement between two parties to exchange goods/services then a court might have a different opinion.

If they have no benefit/legal weight then I ask why have them?

No idea why they had a letter of intent rather than a contract. As you're the armchair lawyer, would you have an explanation?

Also, how did it get leaked before the Rebels got him to sign a contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.