• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I hope AJ Gilbert can get a spot next year. I thought he looked OK up against Alcock, certainly not disgraced.

He's very much cut from the Alcock mould when you look for a carrier and work horse from 7 rather than the on the ball pilferer kind.

Good player, but Aus is not short of 7s.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I hope AJ Gilbert can get a spot next year. I thought he looked OK up against Alcock, certainly not disgraced.

Unlikely with McCutcheon in the squad, Gilbert is good, but McCutcheon is more flexible in being able to play a few positions and showed against the Lions he can compete

The Brumbies are the only squad with an opening for a back up 7

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We need a new nickname for either AJ Gilbert or Kurtley "Gilbert" Beale.

When I see Gilbert (as in AJ Gilbert) referenced in a post I have to do a double take to see which Gilbert is being referred to.

Welcome to my world of twee.:confused:

Good to see the Wobs v Lions themed avatars making an appearance fatprop.

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
Lets hope the poor bugger can get on the pitch and do his talking there. % games in 3 years has probably driven the boy up the wall.
Fitzpatrick came on for 20 minutes last weekend and looked good. He will come off the bench this week against Norths. Eastwood have a "good" problem in that Roach is in great form and Fitz looks to be fit. Eastwood dealt with the problem last week by moving Roach to #7 (replacing Hugh Perrett)and Fitz to #2. Both accounted well for themselves. Roach was Eastwood's MOM and showed just how good he can be over the ball and around the park, laying on two tries in open play and scoring one himself. A GREAT problem to have for Manetti.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Good squad player, disappointed to lose him he added good depth in an attritional position

That is disappointing. But good on him for grabbing some euros. That makes signing a quality backup hooker essential. Luke Holmes is not up to it and there is no chance whatsoever that Taf plays a full season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good on him, hopefully Fitzpatrick can stay healthy and Roach can get a squad role

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good on him, hopefully Fitzpatrick can stay healthy and Roach can get a squad role

Can someone update the Cheika cleanout that was so crucial to getting the Tahs to play his way?
I'm getting the feeling that my scepticism about the doability of such a cleanout was well placed - but I guess thats the nature of being a sceptic.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hooker John Ulugia has signed for french club Bourg-en-Bresse in Pro D2.

http://www.radioscoop.com/sport.php?id=81258

Congratulations to Ulugia. He is far and away the best "third choice" hooker in Super rugby. I have always admired his wholehearted effort whenever he has pulled on the jersey. He has had his detractors but IMO he has been seriously under-rated. I wish him well and I reckon he might get an upgrade as a Top 14 reserve hooker before too long.

If we do go TPN, Fitzy and Roach we will need a shadow hooker in the training squad to cover for injuries. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.