• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
IMO,too small to play 2 at the higher level.
Too many ahead of him as a loosie.
Not saying he can't play, just he seems to an in between for those 2 roles.
Tommy Youngs, British Lions, England, 175 cms, 102 kg.
Tom Sexton, Rebels 178 cms 104 kg
Tolu Latu Waratahs 176 cms 109kg
Shota Horrie Rebels 179 cms 101 kg
jason Rutledge 175 cms 100 Kg
Hugh. Roach 179 cms 103 kgs

i dont get the issue.

Besides that, Shute ShieldnRookie of the year, 10 tries for Eastwood, Aus 20's two years, National Academy two years, tough, harworking, strong as an ox,

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good enough, big enough. Saying that, Roach might be a bit smaller than listed.

tuynman-roach-kellaway.jpg

Kellaway is nominally at 180 cm

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
A 20 yo hooker doesn't get picked up and we cry bloody murder? It makes perfect sense.

He's a 20 year old front rower, if he had been picked up some of us would of raised an eyebrow too. The bloke's not even playing hooker for his club regularly and that's what he wants to do professionally.

He needs to throw down the gauntlet in 2014 and tell his club I'm playing 2 or I'm moving. Then we'll talk again this time next year.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Good enough, big enough. Saying that, Roach might be a bit smaller than listed.

Agree if he's good enough he's big enough. Adam Freier wasn't all that big but he was one of my favourite hookers at the Tahs.

And having a hooker who is an effective ball poacher in the loose is very valuable. Bismark would have to be thought of as a seven in a number two jumper.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From the article on the Tahs website today:

The coach has another two tight five spots up for grabs to complete the 35 man roster for 2014.

Based on the current squad only having 4 props and 2 hookers, they surely have to be a prop and a hooker.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I wonder if Cheika will run the stairs himself this year. Certainly impressed me, but he said it nearly killed him

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
NZ born 24 year old TH prop, used to play with Toulouse and Agen in the Top 14. Safe to say he is fillings one of the two remaining front row spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.