• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
@fatprop Im not saying big T is the best defender out wide, but on that example he had three players to cover and trusted his inside support to take care of the ball carrier.

It was more his turn and chase, Paddy Ryan does that quicker.

He is a great unit going forward, but get in behind him with any pace and ........................................

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
It was more his turn and chase, Paddy Ryan does that quicker.

He is a great unit going forward, but get in behind him with any pace and ..............

But did you see that kick return?? Holy snapping duck shit I'dve shat myself, maybe he needs a contract in league again

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
There is no way you guys shouldn't play big T. Having the big guy to threaten on the edge can turn half breaks on the edge into tries with the ability to stand in the tackle and offload (see what nadolo was doing for the Saders). Also having him come off his wing can be a useful option to hit in midfield and save your forwards for another phase.

I'd be going with
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. T-man
12. Simone
13. Horne
14. Kellaway or Robinson
15. Folau
until proven otherwise

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
But did you see that kick return?? Holy snapping duck shit I'dve shat myself, maybe he needs a contract in league again
Me too. It's one of those ones where you think I'm screwed. I'm not going to take him head on. My arms aren't going to get around those thighs and if I put the shoulder in i''ll end up on my arse with shoulder realigned to sit next to my ear.
I'm either going to hurl my self at his feet and hope he falls over me or I'll let him go past me and grab his jersey from behind and hope to slow him down until the 14 other blokes jump on him........

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
we really struggled to use him in '15. So many times we just needed to throw it to the big kid and didn't. if he factors in the game plan more ie. Robbie Deans' Baa Baa's gameplan he'll be a serious contender.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I had Robinson in front of Taqele before the SA game but now I'm not so sure.

Nah, Horne can defend in the centres, so Folau can drop into the pendulum meaning with robbo we have a great, quick kick return unit

I always want a 14/15 on one side and the bigger blindside in 11 and while Taqele will do something going forward his lack of mobility and flexibility against proper sides puts him still well behind Horne

(actually like Skelton)

Taqele is a bench option to me

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
T is probably more of a Wallaby wing than a Waratah wing at this stage. The Wobs could do with someone who can simply smash it down the left wing and offload with one hand. Who do you defend against?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nah, Horne can defend in the centres, so Folau can drop into the pendulum meaning with robbo we have a great, quick kick return unit

I always want a 14/15 on one side and the bigger blindside in 11 and while Taqele will do something going forward his lack of mobility and flexibility against proper sides puts him still well behind Horne

(actually like Skelton)

Taqele is a bench option to me

Obviously you haven't said this, but I do think it's funny.

Right now Folau is largely attacking like a 13 but wearing 15 so he can defend in the pendulum (like you said) and people are MAD about it. He MUST play 13 they say.

But if he wore 13 and did the same thing people would be placated.

Rugby fans are a fickle bunch.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, the Tahs have Horne, Kellaway, Naiyaravoro and Robinson lining up for two wing spots with Jones lurking, and of those four front-runners two can play elsewhere. A nice problem to have. I hope Gibson has a good look at his opponents and selects accordingly.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So, the Tahs have Horne, Kellaway, Naiyaravoro and Robinson lining up for two wing spots with Jones lurking, and of those four front-runners two can play elsewhere. A nice problem to have. I hope Gibson has a good look at his opponents and selects accordingly.

I don't mind the horses for courses approach.

If we're playing the Lions and they're playing one of their Tyrion Lancaster midget wingers then by all means start Taqele in the 14 jersey and lets see how many players it takes to bring him down.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Taqele
12. Horne
13. Folau
14. Robinson
15. Kellaway

Taqele shouldn't get turned around too often at 11. We've excelled with Horne at 12 previously, can bring on Simone for Taqele and push Horne out to 11 at some point through the game to blood Simone/if Taqele is getting found out.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
TPN going to the Force and not overseas - maybe it's old news and I didn't spot it; whatever, I didn't see that coming.

Edit

It's only for one year; so his need to have surgery probably scotched plans to play overseas.

Latu and Roach won't care.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
TPN going to the Force and not overseas - maybe it's old news and I didn't spot it; whatever, I didn't see that coming.

This is awful because now I have to hate Taf and that is something I am not at all comfortable doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.