• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Alex Ross (28)
Next year there will very likely Only Gordon playing for the Tahs who played for the Wallabies in the previous year. And he may yet not retain his place where kicking is not so important at the death as it was in the last match. Let that sink in. Potentially not a single incumbent Wallaby in the Tahs in 2021.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
That just indicative of the development cycle we find ourselves in at the moment.

I'd much rather have hungry young blokes forcing there way in than old dead weight.

Alex Ross (28)
That just indicative of the development cycle we find ourselves in at the moment.

I'd much rather have hungry young blokes forcing there way in than old dead weight.
Perhaps. But even at their lowest, the Reds for example still had a few. Tahs won’t even have old and out of rotation Wallabies. Just a handful of players with a few caps.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
No the next lock signings have to be high quality (Test standard) or don't bother imo.

If the tahs can’t find a test quality lock surely guys like this are the next best thing, they’d be close to a bottom salary and on a one year deal you’d rather someone experienced than a first year rookie

Personally Though I’d throw all logic out the window and just find the two baddest meanest guys around and throw them in the row, the tahs are going to need to be physical as hell because they won’t have the talent to match teams

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Meh. Rodda would be good from a playing perspective but an organizational one? I'd be happy to give him a miss.

Next year there will very likely Only Gordon playing for the Tahs who played for the Wallabies in the previous year. And he may yet not retain his place where kicking is not so important at the death as it was in the last match. Let that sink in. Potentially not a single incumbent Wallaby in the Tahs in 2021.

There is plenty of time for a few Tahs to get a few minutes this year for the Wallabies. But yeah, i can't see any incumbents.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Meh. Rodda would be good from a playing perspective but an organizational one? I'd be happy to give him a miss.

There is plenty of time for a few Tahs to get a few minutes this year for the Wallabies. But yeah, i can't see any incumbents.

With Hooper in Japan he could be your captain!

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Outrageous curve ball but if there’s not much on offer give Maurice Longbottom a contract and see what he can do in a professional 15’s environment

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
At this point tahs would be clear bookies favourite for wooden spoon next season - incredible to think biggest rugby state yet this is where at after what has been mismanagement by nswru and series of terrible decisions...not supporting nrc, deciding against GRR team with private sector backing in western Sydney...ok who wants to add to the list

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Maurice Longbottom is critical to Australia’s 7s Olympic team

100% agree and very obviously more to his strengths

However I’m probably in the camp of the olympics very possibly not going ahead. If that’s the case I’d prefer him in a pro environment and playing some sort of high level footy