• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No one in NSW seemed interested in the NRC. I imagine the conversation went like this:

'Hey would you like a semi-professional feeder comp that'll give you access to a wider variety of talent and help develop the talent you already have?'
'Do the participants have to come from a GPS school?'
'...no'

'And you say that it will be known as the third tier in Australian rugby and the SS will be downgraded to fourth tier'
'Yes'

'nah fuck that fluffybunny she'll be right'

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Eddie Jones has been one of the more successful coaches of the English rugby team - how much connection and value does he place on their traditional clubland and pathways?

When Eddie was in Japan he absolutely tried to get involved in the Japanese pathways. He tried to create the "Japan Way" (I still have the tee shirt :cool:).

It's one of the main reasons he was hated so much by the rugby establishment over there.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can someone kindly define what this connection is and what it’s supposed to be. I have always been confused, what are the Sydney Swans, Brisbane Broncos, Melbourne Storm, Richmond Tigers and Crusaders offering the amateur clubs in their region that the Tahs aren’t? I have a suspicion this connection is just something talked about without ever been defined, a large portion of it is an avalanche of negativity based on nothing but bemoaning because it’s the thing to do

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good game of rugby for tahs vs force game.

Might not have got the result but performance commendable and importantly improving week to week, but with big improvement from last week.

Reactions: dru

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Good game of rugby for tahs vs force game.

Might not have got the result but performance commendable and importantly improving week to week, but with big improvement from last week.
I disagree. The level of rugby on display last night was embarrassing. The drop balls, the poor on field kicking, the missed tackles and the lack of attacking play was far from a Super Rugby level. The basics were atrocious. Will Harrison (who I rate) had limited options to move forward. Hooper is sorely missed as a leader.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I disagree. The level of rugby on display last night was embarrassing. The drop balls, the poor on field kicking, the missed tackles and the lack of attacking play was far from a Super Rugby level. The basics were atrocious. Will Harrison (who I rate) had limited options to move forward. Hooper is sorely missed as a leader.
Harrison’s lack of options in attack has a lot to do with how regularly the Tahs are over committing to offensive rucks . It regularly lead to the Tahs attack being out numbered by the defence . They have rarely created a numbers advantage in three games of footy.

Last night the Force were regularly “ghosting” the rucks and it seemed the Tahs weren’t aware of this and still committed numbers to rucks that weren’t required . The Reds did something similar in round one and often had them outnumbered defensively , part of the reason the Tahs didn’t bother the score board after their first try.

The lack of options for their 10 has little to do with his ability in this case , it’s an attack structure issue IMO.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Harrison’s lack of options in attack has a lot to do with how regularly the Tahs are over committing to offensive rucks . It regularly lead to the Tahs attack being out numbered by the defence . They have rarely created a numbers advantage in three games of footy.

Last night the Force were regularly “ghosting” the rucks and it seemed the Tahs weren’t aware of this and still committed numbers to rucks that weren’t required . The Reds did something similar in round one and often had them outnumbered defensively , part of the reason the Tahs didn’t bother the score board after their first try.

The lack of options for their 10 has little to do with his ability in this case , it’s an attack structure issue IMO.
That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Honestly if i were Harrison and i had ambitions of being Wallabies 10 I'd be eyeing up a move to another franchise. For example, it'd be great to see what he could do in the Reds back line with O'Connor outside him.

I think of all the youngsters we have, he has the most potential. He's also in a position the Wallabies have been short on in recent years too.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Honestly if i were Harrison and i had ambitions of being Wallabies 10 I'd be eyeing up a move to another franchise. For example, it'd be great to see what he could do in the Reds back line with O'Connor outside him.

I think of all the youngsters we have, he has the most potential. He's also in a position the Wallabies have been short on in recent years too.
Sign him up. Harrison would be game changer for us. Can we have Tizzano too?

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ahh...what does young Edmed bring to the table? What game does he play for Eastwood? I haven't seen much of him but he looks very much like his dad. As in he has the creative juices of a 1980s league prop.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Add to that the amount of hero passes to players in worse positions .............

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Yep

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Because he is the best up and coming 7 in Australia. We have Wright but Tizzano will be the long game Wallabies 7.
Maybe. And I get it in the sense that as a fan you’d like your team to have the best player 1 - 15.

But I’m not convinced he’ll be better than McReight and if he is it’ll probably be nominal.

I kinda feel like we should back the guy we’ve got.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I was surprised with the number of players going down with cramping, it wasn’t a hot night nor was the game players overly fast, they’ve had a bit of match day conditioning so found it a bit surprising. Maybe they’re training them a bit hard through the week, or just overall lacking conditioning.