• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I agree, not a huge loss. Opens up the door for someone else. At the end of the day, if someone does not want to be here, that is fine. I'm sure DC has a plan for our back 3 next year and he wasn't a priority
Yes. I suppose he wasn’t in the plans for next year?
A stint overseas, where players play far more games than here, may advance him up the rankings if he decides to return, as Kellaway did.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yes. I suppose he wasn’t in the plans for next year?
A stint overseas, where players play far more games than here, may advance him up the rankings if he decides to return, as Kellaway did.
$$$, he wouldn't be on big wages

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kellaway was on 4x what the rebels pay him over there. I’d say that while the wage for Ramm would be lower, I think the multiplier would still be about the same.
Maybe, but he also has a UK passport, not one of the imports.

And "if" I was young guy, down the pecking order in my Super Rugby side, and got the opportunity to live well in the UK for a couple of years..................

Last edited:

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
And the team you play for has brought back Beale, so he’s unfortunately dropped further down the pecking order. I’m disappointed he’s going, you could see him develop into a quality back 3 player. Big, fast, decent hands, usually takes good options, big boot. Oh well, good luck to him

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Back from the game...

What an amazing atmosphere, I got my 10k, vs the Blues we will get 15k

Tahs immense AND credit where credit is due Dylan...You finally arrived!!!! Well done!

Additional thoughts:

- Kiwis at the game, super nice bunch, lots of banter and a pleasure to chat footy with, lots of interaction with fans, and everyone had a great time.

- What's with the beer lines, my mate lined up with 30 to go, and the bar lady said "Only two beers per person" seriously, we are trying to get people to the games and you pull this s...

- If I was running the bar I would want to make as much $$$ as possible, they were closing with 20 to go

Go Tahs!!

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe, but he also has a UK passport, not one of the imports.

And "if" I was young guy, down the pecking order in my Super Rugby side, and got the opportunity to live well in the UK for a couple of years..................
For me this is poor from RA and Waratahs. The money being spent on Beale would surely be better spent on locking down the up and coming talent such as Ramm. I am a fan of Beale but when finances are tight he shouldn't be a priority.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For me this is poor from Rugby Australia and Waratahs. The money being spent on Beale would surely be better spent on locking down the up and coming talent such as Ramm. I am a fan of Beale but when finances are tight he shouldn't be a priority.
Your assuming it is money that could have kept him. I am not so sure as we ain’t going to match what Northampton going to pay him.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees can’t believe how many players stepping up this year and competition for spots increasing.

Worth noting where seen the big improvements this year.

Hooker.. porecki been excellent this year

Locks..Holloway the stand out, but also Sinclair continued to improve, while cridge rounding out the quality.

Backrow..wow such depth..with swinton out not even a blip with gamble superb and I would say performing better then hooper so can’t leave him out, while Harris much improved and RvW also offering lot of quality.

half… Gordon had best season from memory and would be in the mix with Tate and Nic white as top 3 best oz half’s. Grant also improved as more solid back up option.

10. rag of riches here where to lose Harrison sad but seen with Donaldson and edmed come of age. Question is now where do you put Donaldson as hard to drop edmed as starting 10 after recent games. Nice problem to have.

centres. Foekit and Perese already quality but improved, while Roberts offered some depth quality, particularly after Walton’s season ending injury.

wing: first marky n finally showing promise but also pietsch coming of age against crusaders and with turner also looking good that even with Ramm out injured and departing next year seem to be building good wing depth.

fullback. Newsome and Harrison offered some solidity there. Now with Harrison out newsome offering solid option. Most like me did not think newsome super rugby standard but this season become your core super rugby player that sure won’t ever be a wallaby but provides the core quality of next level middle tier players needed to build a solid super rugby team.

coach. would be remiss not to mention biggest difference made here with DC and his support staff / coaches

have I missed anyone?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Gees can’t believe how many players stepping up this year and competition for spots increasing.

Worth noting where seen the big improvements this year.

Hooker.. porecki been excellent this year

Locks..Holloway the stand out, but also Sinclair continued to improve, while cridge rounding out the quality.

Backrow..wow such depth..with swinton out not even a blip with gamble superb and I would say performing better then hooper so can’t leave him out, while Harris much improved and RvW also offering lot of quality.

half… Gordon had best season from memory and would be in the mix with Tate and Nic white as top 3 best oz half’s. Grant also improved as more solid back up option.

10. rag of riches here where to lose Harrison sad but seen with Donaldson and edmed come of age. Question is now where do you put Donaldson as hard to drop edmed as starting 10 after recent games. Nice problem to have.

centres. Foekit and Perese already quality but improved, while Roberts offered some depth quality, particularly after Walton’s season ending injury.

wing: first marky n finally showing promise but also pietsch coming of age against crusaders and with turner also looking good that even with Ramm out injured and departing next year seem to be building good wing depth.

fullback. Newsome and Harrison offered some solidity there. Now with Harrison out newsome offering solid option. Most like me did not think newsome super rugby standard but this season become your core super rugby player that sure won’t ever be a wallaby but provides the core quality of next level middle tier players needed to build a solid super rugby team.

coach. would be remiss not to mention biggest difference made here with DC and his support staff / coaches

have I missed anyone?
Great summary.....and what a turn around from last year!
The atmosphere at the ground was great... my tip on the beer lines is go to a pub before hand then roll in to the ground ready to watch and cheer!
Next home game should be a good crowd too..
Who would have thought?
Coleman definitely knows how to rally the troups..... his squad of players and his staff.
Keep it going Tah men!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The beer lines operate according to pretty strict guidelines, I would assume, to mitigate binge drinking?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Many years ago I was a brewer's rep with North Sydney Oval on my rounds. Those were the days when both North Sydney Bears and Northern Suburbs played there, which leads me to a remark one finals match from the ground manager: "rugby crowds drink four times as much beer as the leaugies and give me half as much trouble". Looked a lot like that at Leichhardt Oval last night, and at the nearby restaurants/bistros afterwards. Great night all round.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Many years ago I was a brewer's rep with North Sydney Oval on my rounds. Those were the days when both North Sydney Bears and Northern Suburbs played there, which leads me to a remark one finals match from the ground manager: "rugby crowds drink four times as much beer as the leaugies and give me half as much trouble". Looked a lot like that at Leichhardt Oval last night, and at the nearby restaurants/bistros afterwards. Great night all round.

Similar reports around lang park.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The secret for leichardt with these sort of crowds is to buy your 4 beer quota and sit on that for the game. I drink less now days so just 3 for me lol…

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The secret for leichardt with these sort of crowds is to buy your 4 beer quota and sit on that for the game. I drink less now days so just 3 for me lol…
Duly noted. Unfortunately I was in group of 4. Limit of 4 per order First 2 rounds were pretty short but I went third and it was not great. Problem of loading up at outside pubs mean you.might arrive at kick off time and miss the first half lining up.to get in. The beer issue is no biggie, I could probably do with drinking less, but as they kept saying that the crowd was streaming in after kick off which needs fixing