• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
No. I was in the bar queue and he was in the ice-cream truck queue with his kid. The queue was way too long to lose my spot.
Some years ago I met Bernard Foley in Parramatta. He was entering to the stadium
20220505_204621.jpg

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Someone asked about Williams and Douglas, they’re playing Shute Shield. As is Bokenham.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The dangers of a Wednesday naming, Manly have named Langi Gleeson despite him being in the 23 the next day.

For anyone who catches Manly games this kid is a special talent. I'd go as far to say a young George Smith perhaps. He needs to be getting more than 10 mins off the bench. I'm not sure what the plan is for him long term but I think he's a 7 which isn't ideal for the Tahs to keep him but they must.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
The dangers of a Wednesday naming, Manly have named Langi Gleeson despite him being in the 23 the next day.

For anyone who catches Manly games this kid is a special talent. I'd go as far to say a young George Smith perhaps. He needs to be getting more than 10 mins off the bench. I'm not sure what the plan is for him long term but I think he's a 7 which isn't ideal for the Tahs to keep him but they must.
I'd not seen him until the tahs trials and was extremely impressed with his carrying ability (after contact metres).

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a great player to be able to just call in. I hope Archer Holz still gets plenty of game time. He's been impressive the last two weeks.
Archer has been the only person covering THP I've actually liked. The rest (including Ruan) haven't impressed me much. Curious to see what Paddy's like.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd be surprised if Ryan gets into the matchday 23 ahead of Holz or Smith. He's the cover behind that in my view.

It will be interesting to see how we fit Hanigan back in. Whoever he forces out will be pretty hard done by as all are going well.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
How old is Paddy? My recollection of the Tamworth boy was a really effective player around the paddock but a bit of a scrummaging liability.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How old is Paddy? My recollection of the Tamworth boy was a really effective player around the paddock but a bit of a scrummaging liability.

He's 33.

Your recollection is correct. No idea whether he's improved his scrummaging much in the last four years. The fact that the rest of the Tahs scrum is stronger than it was is certainly a good thing.