Unfortunately rugby does not attract the same millionaires it use to. I mean James packer goes to rugby school (cranbrook) but invests in a league team….
We need someone like Russell Crowe in Tahs
* Following the Super League war of the 1990s, he made an attempt to use his Hollywood connections to convince Ted Turner, a rival of Super League's Rupert Murdoch, to save the Rabbitohs before they were forced from the NRL competition for two years
* In 1999, Crowe paid $42,000 at auction for the brass bell used to open the inaugural rugby league match in Australia in 1908 at a fundraiser to assist Souths' legal battle for re-inclusion in the league.
* In 2005, he made the Rabbitohs the first club team in Australia to be sponsored by a film, when he negotiated a deal to advertise his film Cinderella Man
on their jerseys.
* On 5 November 2006, Crowe appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
to announce that Firepower International was sponsoring the South Sydney Rabbitohs for $3 million over three years.
* During a Tonight Show with Jay Leno
appearance, Crowe showed viewers a Rabbitoh playing jersey with Firepower's name emblazoned on it.
* Crowe helped to organise a rugby league game that took place at the University of North Florida, in Jacksonville, Florida, between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the 2007 Super League Grand Final winners the Leeds Rhinos.
* Crowe persuaded young England international forward Sam Burgess to sign with the Rabbitohs over other clubs that were competing for his signature, after inviting Burgess and his mother to the set of Robin Hood
, which he was filming in Britain at the time.
* Crowe's influence helped to persuade noted player Greg Inglis to renege on his deal to join the Brisbane Broncos and sign for the Rabbitohs for 2011.
* In May 2011, Crowe helped arrange to have Fox broadcast the 2011 State of Origin series live for the first time in the United States, in addition to the NRL Grand Final.