• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fair point. At least they might bring some input untarnished by years of bickering and self-interest.

Unfortunately, they end the bickering only because everyone on the inside doesn't want someone from the outside. So there is a united front to remove said outsider, and then the bickering commences again.........

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Unfortunately, they end the bickering only because everyone on the inside doesn't want someone from the outside. So there is a united front to remove said outsider, and then the bickering commences again...
The only proven and repeatable system that NSWRU has.

Reactions: mst

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Unfortunately, they end the bickering only because everyone on the inside doesn't want someone from the outside. So there is a united front to remove said outsider, and then the bickering commences again...

Meh. At least Coleman has breathed the air outside of the Shute Shield, so he may have some idea of the real world. And he has the support of at least two Shute clubs, neither of which is Randwick!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why would Cheika do a job he has protested so much against? Since leaving the Wallabies (jumped rather than pushed) he has stated numerous times that he should have left when they appointed Scott Johnson and not having full control or responsibility is a mistake.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Did it need to be? I'm far more concerned with the cattle than the coach. Coleman has earned a shot at it IMO, but I hope we give him the manpower he needs to at least be competitive.

More a comment on professional experience. I've said the same thing about Cron in the past.

I'd love the for RA to setup a professional coaching and playing exchange program with a club in every major professional competition. Say to the players if you are at the clubs you can be selected for the Wallabies unless it is a RWC year and you are required to play Super Rugby. The coaches then get different professional experience but also stay in the 'pathway.'

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Why would Cheika do a job he has protested so much against? Since leaving the Wallabies (jumped rather than pushed) he has stated numerous times that he should have left when they appointed Scott Johnson and not having full control or responsibility is a mistake.

That was when he should have been pushed. :(

Reactions: dru

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
And we might have ended up with a substantially inferior coach than Dave Rennie to replace him.

Or maybe Nathan Grey could have been the interim head coach at the RWC.

Can we get this back to the Tah's (rather than who did/is/should have/not coached the Wobblies?)

Looks like DC has been confirmed for three years. Interestingly, the article mentions coaching Penrith in the SS, however not actually listed on his "resume" - either too long ago, or it wasn't considered a "highlight" of his coaching career - it would have been a rough tenure I'd say.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fine. Great. We've got a head coach supposedly.

We'll have a roster with a bit more money floating around, once we get rid of some duds and actually spend some of this $3M profit we apparently banked (Subbies clubs still paying levies tho :rolleyes: ).

Put some into DogeCoin and let it ride - makes about as much financial sense as anything else NSWRU have done the last forever years. The rest needs to go into players, and not just fucking superstars who suck up most of the bill.

If Coleman is the Messiah, then it needs to be players who fit the game play and culture he wants, who will work together to form effective combinations and start winning us games with style and ruthlessness, not just bullshit edgy victories.

Of course, Coleman is NOT the Messiah, and it'll only look better because we played a bunch of rookies this year and gave our coach the arse part way through the season, with no dead cat bounce.

Really if we want the Tahs to be successful, then we need to put the SRU under a microscope and determine what it does, besides push the self-interest of a few clubs in the top tier of the Cowshed Cup.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fine. Great. We've got a head coach supposedly.

We'll have a roster with a bit more money floating around, once we get rid of some duds and actually spend some of this $3M profit we apparently banked (Subbies clubs still paying levies tho :rolleyes: ).

Put some into DogeCoin and let it ride - makes about as much financial sense as anything else NSWRU have done the last forever years. The rest needs to go into players, and not just fucking superstars who suck up most of the bill.

If Coleman is the Messiah, then it needs to be players who fit the game play and culture he wants, who will work together to form effective combinations and start winning us games with style and ruthlessness, not just bullshit edgy victories.

Of course, Coleman is NOT the Messiah, and it'll only look better because we played a bunch of rookies this year and gave our coach the arse part way through the season, with no dead cat bounce.

Really if we want the Tahs to be successful, then we need to put the SRU under a microscope and determine what it does, besides push the self-interest of a few clubs in the top tier of the Cowshed Cup.

Who is 'we' and how do we do that?

Far as I can tell there is no way to review the political/bureaucratic structures within NSW rugby. Why would they set up a mechanism for review and improvement when it's contrary to their interests.

See also federal ICAC.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Who is 'we' and how do we do that?

Duh.

giphy.gif

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Did it need to be? I'm far more concerned with the cattle than the coach. Coleman has earned a shot at it IMO, but I hope we give him the manpower he needs to at least be competitive.
Coleman needs to build strength by improving the cattle he’s got, rather than just getting better cattle.

that’s a whole new ball game.

I think they should start scheduling Tahs games as curtain raisers for SS.
Or they’ll be playing in front of family and girlfriends before this guy is finished ;)