• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Let me know if I've missed anything

Hooker:
Dave Porecki (2022)
Tom Horton (2022)

Prop:
Harry Johnson-Holmes (2022)
Angus Bell (2022)
Tiaan Tauakipulu (2023)
Tetera Faulkner (???)
Ruan Smith (2022)
Archer Holz (2022)

Lock:
Max Douglas (???)
Jeremy Williams (???)
Jed Holloway (2023)
Ned Hanigan (
?? - arrives after April)
Hugh Bokenham (??)
Geoff Cridge (
2022)

Backrow:
Michael Hooper (2023)
Lachlan Swinton (2022)
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco (2023)
Langi Gleeson (2023)
Will Harris (???)
Hugh Sinclair (2022)
Carlo Tizzano (2021)
Charlie Gamble (
2021)

Scrumhalf:
Jack Grant (2022)
Jake Gordon (2022)
Henry Robertson (2022)

Flyhalf:
Will Harrison (2023)
Tane Edmed (2022)
Ben Donaldson (2023)

Centre:
Izaia Perese (2022)
Lalakai Foketi (2022)
Joey Walton (???)
Moses Tuipultou (??)
Jamie Roberts (
2022)

Wing:
James Ramm (2022)
Alex Newsome (2022)
Tristian Reilly (???)
Tevita Runa (
2022)
Dylan Pietsch (
2023)

Fullback:
Mark Nawaqanitawase (
2023)

Development Contract:
Adrian Brown (
2024) - loose head prop
Hamdan Tuipulotu (
2022?) - tight head prop

GONE:
Tepai Moeroa (Melbourne Storm)
Sam Wykes (Retired)
Jack Dempsey - Glasgow Warriors
Chris Talakai (Aviron - France)
Jack Maddocks (Pau)
Robbie Abel (ENG)
Joe Cotton (2021)
Jack Whetton (??)
Sam Caird (??)
Alefosio Tatloa (??)

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Former Wallabies boss Michael Cheika says that the time is not right to return to the Waratahs in a coaching capacity................................

Cheika has been in contact with Tahs chief executive Paul Doorn, however, advising them on how best the franchise can move forwards.

“I don’t think that my ideas are the ultimate ideas – I just gave [Doorn] a few ideas of what I’ve experienced in the past and what’s worked for us and what might work for NSW – and understanding its DNA a little bit more,” he said.....................................

Cheika believes that the Waratahs should aim for stability and perhaps look to emulate the Reds, who are currently thriving after backing Brad Thorn.

“I think for NSW, maybe that’s the look, someone who can do that for the long-term, not looking to go somewhere else,” he added.

https://www.planetrugby.com/former-wallaby-head-coach-michael-cheika-plays-down-waratahs-job-talk/

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Jake Gordon coming off contract would be a concern, the only other SRAU team he could go to and get game time would be the Force. I think he may get a few Wallabies games this year to make him feel he is important to Aus Rugby in the hopes it helps him stay on. I think if he keeps playing like he did for the first round and last weekend he would get there on merit anyways but he would surely be behind TM and NW at this point.

Alex Ross (28)
Jake Gordon coming off contract would be a concern, the only other SRAU team he could go to and get game time would be the Force. I think he may get a few Wallabies games this year to make him feel he is important to Aus Rugby in the hopes it helps him stay on. I think if he keeps playing like he did for the first round and last weekend he would get there on merit anyways but he would surely be behind TM and NW at this point.
He was ahead of TM last year and has been injured most of this year. So there is little to say about head to head form. But Gordon was the best 9 in Super Rugby AU last round.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
He was ahead of TM last year and has been injured most of this year. So there is little to say about head to head form. But Gordon was the best 9 in Super Rugby AU last round.

Agreed but there is no way he was ahead of TM last year, he was just preferred I can't say Gordon really took his chance last year in Gold.

I like Gordon I think he could actually make a pretty decent 10 he reads the game really well.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Good news for the Tahs is they have signed Hanigan from next season. Would of been maligned 18months ago but was seriously good at times for Tahs last season and performed well for Australia
Happy to see him back. Good guy to have in Super Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Confirming Michael Hooper is back as well as re-signing Jake Gordon soon would create some good momentum around the direction of the team and hopefully assist with re-signing players like Bell that will be critical moving forward.

Regardless of who the new coach is going to be they can certainly start re-signing some obvious players. From the list above that would be Bell, Harris, Douglas, Williams, Tizzano, Walton.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
the have to re-sign douglas and williams. I thought they showed serious promise.

I mean, they have to sign a bunch of players really.

and a coach..

I really rate the young guys, play them the rest of the season, and the TT you have two very good player right there. Maybe look for an experienced lock to come in a decent one if you can find them.. get rid of Whetton and Craid .. maybe keep Wykes or look at maybe Hockings .. if his interested.

EDIT see Craid and Whetton are signed for next year ..sigh..

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Confirming Michael Hooper is back as well as re-signing Jake Gordon soon would create some good momentum around the direction of the team and hopefully assist with re-signing players like Bell that will be critical moving forward.

Regardless of who the new coach is going to be they can certainly start re-signing some obvious players. From the list above that would be Bell, Harris, Douglas, Williams, Tizzano, Walton.

I don't see what people see in Walton, really.