• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
In fairness to redblack he played a fair bit of #8 at Kings. But he mostly played at 10 and in the centres, he’s clearly a back nowadays.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
In fairness to redblack he played a fair bit of #8 at Kings. But he mostly played at 10 and in the centres, he’s clearly a back nowadays.

And wish him all the best in the future, he was certainly a talent with the Gordon junior side which won a few state championships and also at Kings and All schools.

Reactions: TSR

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I haven't read through this entire thread yet but has anyone suggested trying to get Quade down there as a mentor and 10/15 option? I really like the look of Donaldson and Harrison. Would like to see more of Harrison at 15 to develop his "scope". Also think Maddocks has a heap of potential. Tahs are just soo light on experience. Even 1 pre season and season could instill a heap of knowledge and perhaps unlock a bit of that potential which hasn't been delivered on yet.

Could go for the Force and Brumbies too really.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I haven't read through this entire thread yet but has anyone suggested trying to get Quade down there as a mentor and 10/15 option? I really like the look of Donaldson and Harrison. Would like to see more of Harrison at 15 to develop his "scope". Also think Maddocks has a heap of potential. Tahs are just soo light on experience. Even 1 pre season and season could instill a heap of knowledge and perhaps unlock a bit of that potential which hasn't been delivered on yet.

Im not sure Quade would be willing to go somewhere where he isn't a starter? I'm sure there's plenty of pro teams where he'd still be a walk up

Although as a Quade fan i do quite like the idea

Rob42

John Solomon (38)

Quade? No need to read the entire thread, it hasn't been suggested yet. It will be interesting to see if Quade has a future in coaching, natural talents like him generally don't go so well at the coaching game. But he can try that at club level first.

And no, I don't want to see him signed as a player, even if as a mentor. With Donaldson, Harrison, and Edmed, we're well stocked with 10/15 options, even if Maddocks heads to France. Save that money to spend on locks and props.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It is often suggested that Coleman's Shute Shield success came on the back of being able to recruit a lot of players to boost his side but if anything, that's what the Tahs need most.

Someone who is an astute judge of working out who a team needs to recruit to become successful. Hopefully this is the dawn of a new era where the Tahs can build a good squad again mixing youth and experience and right the ship quickly.

I genuinely believe that the combination of another season of experience in some of the talented young players with a few good additions and the team could be in solid shape.

Maybe this is where they need to aim:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Johnson-Holmes
4. Hanigan
5. Douglas
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Warren-Vosayaco
9. Gordon
10. Harrison
11. new player
12. Foketi
13. Perese
14. Ramm
15. new player

16. Horton 17. new player 18. new player 19. Williams 20. Harris 21. Grant 22. Donaldson 23. Walton

If the tight head prop recruit in particular could push HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to the bench that would be great for the scrum.

A lock that would force Douglas or Williams back a notch would also be a good signing.

Jack Grant getting pushed to third string would probably also be a solid improvement.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Could bring Abel and Goddard back from LA with him. Dave Dennis probably has another few good years in him. Not sure how long they are all signed for though.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haven't heard if the required "Fuck-head-ectomy" is being performed in the boardroom to allow the coach to, you know, build a team.
Breath remains un-bated.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Could bring Abel and Goddard back from LA with him. Dave Dennis probably has another few good years in him. Not sure how long they are all signed for though.

I feel if Goddard or Abel were worthwhile prospects, they would have already been signed here. I doubt Goddard is a step up from Grant, and that's not saying a lot.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Haven't heard if the required "Fuck-head-ectomy" is being performed in the boardroom to allow the coach to, you know, build a team.
Breath remains un-bated.

The current talk is that they've only offered him 2 years, while he wants 3 to take it, which seems pretty bloody reasonable all things considered. Whether or not they actually offer it will be telling.

Alex Ross (28)
The current talk is that they've only offered him 2 years, while he wants 3 to take it, which seems pretty bloody reasonable all things considered. Whether or not they actually offer it will be telling.
Considering he is giving up a gig in the states and how long it’ll take to turn thing around. 3 years should be a given.

Reactions: dru

Alex Ross (28)
It is often suggested that Coleman's Shute Shield success came on the back of being able to recruit a lot of players to boost his side but if anything, that's what the Tahs need most.

Someone who is an astute judge of working out who a team needs to recruit to become successful. Hopefully this is the dawn of a new era where the Tahs can build a good squad again mixing youth and experience and right the ship quickly.

I genuinely believe that the combination of another season of experience in some of the talented young players with a few good additions and the team could be in solid shape.

Maybe this is where they need to aim:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Johnson-Holmes
4. Hanigan
5. Douglas
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Warren-Vosayaco
9. Gordon
10. Harrison
11. new player
12. Foketi
13. Perese
14. Ramm
15. new player

16. Horton 17. new player 18. new player 19. Williams 20. Harris 21. Grant 22. Donaldson 23. Walton

If the tight head prop recruit in particular could push HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to the bench that would be great for the scrum.

A lock that would force Douglas or Williams back a notch would also be a good signing.

Jack Grant getting pushed to third string would probably also be a solid improvement.

I’m happy to let Marky develop at 15 and see how Pietsch goes for 11. Breen didn’t disgrace himself as a reserve TH. But another wouldn’t hurt. Hooper and Hanigan will make a huge difference. As will a fit Walton. I’d love a Mr dependable at the back three and a bruiser TH lock to give Douglas more time to develop. Though perhaps he will come back next year wiser and bigger. He seemed to love the conflict.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I’m happy to let Marky develop at 15 and see how Pietsch goes for 11. Breen didn’t disgrace himself as a reserve TH. But another wouldn’t hurt. Hooper and Hanigan will make a huge difference. As will a fit Walton. I’d love a Mr dependable at the back three and a bruiser TH lock to give Douglas more time to develop. Though perhaps he will come back next year wiser and bigger. He seemed to love the conflict.
Donalson is a good 15. He and Harrison alternated 10/15 for Oz 20s. Don't know if Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) has any 15 experience at 15 but doesn't really inspire me I'm that position. I see him as an out and out finisher

Alex Ross (28)
Donalson is a good 15. He and Harrison alternated 10/15 for Oz 20s. Don't know if Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) has any 15 experience at 15 but doesn't really inspire me I'm that position. I see him as an out and out finisher
The times he played 15 for the Tahs he was better than Maddocks. His one failing is defence. But there have been plenty of 15’s who can’t stop a tackle bag. I’m hoping he improves on this front.