• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeh but that sums it up as small number of options multiple parties chasing. Cron for example stated in his recent podcast left 30 messages for hoskings…hence suspect you will see outside of trying to fast track your younger talent coming through pathways to see more of the Jeremy Williams type movements and signings
If Cron is messaging Harry Hosking’s then there might be a reason he isn’t returning messages

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Geoff Cridge off to France for two years, report;

'Waratahs second line Geoffrey Cridge, a former Baby Black, has signed with Aviron for two years."
One less TH lock .................................

I see us playing 1,000 backrowers and being "mobile & dynamic"

Until we play a decent tough set of pigs who stick it up us

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It really is just that TH lock we need though. I quite liked Cridge but by the end of the season it was clear that Holloway and Hanigan were a better overall pair than starting Cridge.

We need someone at a level above Cridge otherwise we may as well just go with the more mobile pack. Cridge didn't add enough as a bigger unit to justify benching a better overall player.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It really is just that TH lock we need though. I quite liked Cridge but by the end of the season it was clear that Holloway and Hanigan were a better overall pair than starting Cridge.

We need someone at a level above Cridge otherwise we may as well just go with the more mobile pack. Cridge didn't add enough as a bigger unit to justify benching a better overall player.
TH Locks are never appreciated enough

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

I guess so but with cridge you wondered if more upside to come. Guess we won’t know now so next…

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Joey Walton, back in the Shute Shield, when's he signed to could be a target for other teams. I'd take a chance on him at the Brumbies.
Joey Walton was pretty impressive in first season for tahs and surprised a lot of people including me. Wretched injury woes for last 2 seasons and looking forward to him back in super rugby. Assume locked up at tahs but any super rugby side should be looking at him if not the case.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When I think of the kind of lock we need, Luke Jones doesn’t come to mind
No neitherbut it's slim pickings if an Aussie. We could go a foreigner, someone English I reckon.

Looks like we need a TH now too.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
When I think of the kind of lock we need, Luke Jones doesn’t come to mind
Yeh but with shortage of quality locks available on the market Luke Jones suddenly gets interesting if available. As your thinking plan A, and I guess I am saying Plan A may be very slim, plan b only marginally better and plan c (Luke jones) again only marginally better as depending on desire to return to oz vs other options.