• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nick Frost used to be a beanpole and he got stuck into bulking up to add 15-20kg. If Max Douglas wanted to commit to a similar program he could put the necessary kg’s on.
I think he’s fast and athletic enough that even with the extra heft he’ll still be quite mobile.
If you can’t buy one, make one.
My nephew use to do athletics with nick frost (very good athlete) as was a runner which part of why a beanpole as a youngster. Stopping they helped the cause.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Sad seeing Perese injured in the Wallabies game tonight. Hopefully it's not too server, but didn't look good (MCL?).

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sad seeing Perese injured in the Wallabies game tonight. Hopefully it's not too server, but didn't look good (MCL?).
think the commentators mentioned acl.

definitely not a good sign when the green whistle is combined with a stretcher

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately I think it’s worse than an ACL. Usually don’t see players in that much pain for just an ACL.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Unfortunately I think it’s worse than an ACL. Usually don’t see players in that much pain for just an ACL.
That'll be likely him for the year if the case and a harder road back to form for the start of next years SuperRugby season :( It's going to make it harder for him to make a case for RWC2023 with his opportunities closing. Fingers crossed he might make it back for the November tests.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
.... as an aside, any word on Joey Walton's recovery? It's been so long since I've last seem him that I'm really unsure where he sits in terms of prospects. All the other younger players look so much better for that extra year of Super Rugby game time.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Sad to see the Injury. As such an explosive player I hope he gets it all back, he was fantastic this year.

Some good performances in the Aus A team from NSW boys. Sinclair, Gleeson, Donaldson, Edmed and Pietsch have been stand outs IMO. I wasn't sold on Sinclair but his mature style has shown through.

Rae Rae

Last edited:

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Guys like Sinclair and Newsome are gold for a squad. While not potential Wallabies, they are consistent performers at Super rugby level, can cover a variety of positions and rarely let you down. You need some of these along side your exciting youngsters and your current superstars. I'll be sorry to see Newsome go, and hope we keep Sinclair.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Guys like Sinclair and Newsome are gold for a squad. While not potential Wallabies, they are consistent performers at Super rugby level, can cover a variety of positions and rarely let you down. You need some of these along side your exciting youngsters and your current superstars. I'll be sorry to see Newsome go, and hope we keep Sinclair.
Agree. All successful squads have these guys. Not everyone will be a superstar and it also allows an organisation to manage a Salary Cap. People have been talking about Luke Jones returning to Australia... Sinclair would be able to do 80-90% of what Jones can do but I imagine cost half of what Jones would want to be paid.

With Cridge gone I think Sinclair should be safe in the squad. He couldn't have done more to earn it.

Rae Rae