• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Needed a contract, was included in the Wallabies squad for the last test in Europe last year and there is a WC end of next year. Could be like finding a $50 on the ground for DC but he will be 30 after the WC and I imagine wanting to get another pay cheque overseas. What would we look like if both Latu and Porecki left post WC? Which is a very real possibility

Rae Rae

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Post RWC at that age can also be there prime time to cash in. I'm not running them down due to their age and I'd love for them to stay but players will naturally be looking for as much as they can get when it is probably their last big/long term deal.

Failing to plan and having their head in the sand lead the Tahs into what the last 6-7 years has been.

Rae Rae

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Needed a contract, was included in the Wallabies squad for the last test in Europe last year and there is a WC end of next year. Could be like finding a $50 on the ground for DC but he will be 30 after the WC and I imagine wanting to get another pay cheque overseas. What would we look like if both Latu and Porecki left post WC? Which is a very real possibility

Rae Rae
And Pollard is off contract at the end of 2023 so fits in nicely, we could probably get his schoolmate Luke Reimer back as well.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
All his best footy came at the Tahs. Maybe he can get his shit together at home? If he can, he'll be a great signing.

Roll of the dice, sure. But a cheap one I'm willing to bet.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
All his best footy came at the Tahs. Maybe he can get his shit together at home? If he can, he'll be a great signing.

Roll of the dice, sure. But a cheap one I'm willing to bet.
According his mom, he's a diehard Tahs supporter and he wants to play for Straya. But he hasn't signed yet for another season so I'm not sure

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Gamble becomes eligible in April next year
Pretty sure he's already been capped for Argentina back in 86 ;):

1657845942901.png