• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Finally, common sense has won. Thrifty is white!!! Now remove the yellow square of NSW University from shoulders

20221107-072503.jpg

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Marce, I love your absolute commitment to the outfits. You're a focused man.
It's simple, is not rocket science and you can increase your sells with a good looking outfit.

Perhaps cause Aussie Sports market is the worst in terms of printed sponsors. You can see the worst printed sponsors in NRL, AFL and Super Rugby jerseys.

2002-sydney-roosters-rugby-league-shirt-xl-15414-1-p.jpg

2021-NSWWaratahs-Jersey-Front-1024x1024.jpg

Queensland-Reds-Super-15-Jersey-2012.jpg

20221110-211949.jpg

20221110-212004.jpg

These shirts would be nicer without those uglies printed sponsors

Australia is the world champion spoiling nice jerseys with awful and huge squares printed sponsors

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wonder if the Tahs have thought of stealing a theme for their home entrances, I propose we steal this

I don’t think playing ‘Enter the Sandman’ to a 1/4 full stadium of RM Williams wearing private school alumni’s will achieve the same effect.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
RWV leaving is a shame, thought he's a genuine #12 option if Foketi wasn't back. But totally understandable from his perspective. Any idea where he's off to?
There was a reason he wasnt on the top of peoples radar when he left to Japan the first time.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
With the final 2023 Tahs squad announced, this is my first crack at their starting 23... assuming everyone is fit for selection. A couple of line ball calls... Every player in the starting team with international caps, but we are so thin at lock. We should talk to the Brumbies about a swap of one of our cracking young 10's for any one of their 4 locks.... (except Swain of course who is a card magnet...)

Bell
Porecki
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Holloway
Hanigan
Swinton
Hooper
Gleeson
Gordon
Donaldson
Nadolo
Foketi
Perese
Nawaqa
Beale
Tom Lambert
Latu
Archer
Taleni Sau
Gamble
Goddard
Edmed/Harrison
Pietsch

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think Nadolo will be a last 20 minute impact player, I expect Pietsch to start. Lock and 6 & 8 will be interesting. Seu may really push for a starting spot, he's a lot bigger than Hanigan or Holloway. That means you will have Hanigan, Swinton, Gamble and Gleeson all competing for 6 and 8, with Harris probably not too far away.
Also, I won't be surprised if during the season Harrison doesn't usurp Donaldson at 10. He's a better defender, better goal kicker and better ball runner. Donaldson may edge him for kicking in general play, and may possibly be a better game manager, but we'll see.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
If your selections are correct it could be tough on Will Harris. From playing Australia A this year to a possible franchise match day suit in 2023. Contract only until end of 2023 will be a good pick up at 23 years old for another frnachise if he gets itchy feet.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
If your selections are correct it could be tough on Will Harris. From playing Australia A this year to a possible franchise match day suit in 2023. Contract only until end of 2023 will be a good pick up at 23 years old for another frnachise if he gets itchy feet.
Would take him at the Rebels. 6. Leota, 7. Hardwick 8. Harris is a solid backrow.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
With the final 2023 Tahs squad announced, this is my first crack at their starting 23... assuming everyone is fit for selection. A couple of line ball calls... Every player in the starting team with international caps, but we are so thin at lock. We should talk to the Brumbies about a swap of one of our cracking young 10's for any one of their 4 locks.... (except Swain of course who is a card magnet...)

Bell
Porecki
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Holloway
Hanigan
Swinton
Hooper
Gleeson
Gordon
Donaldson
Nadolo
Foketi
Perese
Nawaqa
Beale
Tom Lambert
Latu
Archer
Taleni Sau
Gamble
Goddard
Edmed/Harrison
Pietsch

I see Nadolo as an impact player the last 20 due to his current fitness. Tigers used him for that. Pietsch has more stamina to start the games

Last edited: