• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Alex Ross (28)
Coleman has said previously that out of all of the young 10’s, Harrison is the only one that fits the utility role of being able to play 12 and 15. I’m pretty happy with Coleman thus far. So I’m happy to take his word for it about who should play where

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think they'll be in any rush to move Nawaqanitawase off the wing, he's just found really solid form there, best to let him build on that for a while. Fullback will should be Harrison and Donaldson for the most part.
How good is Harrison under the high ball? He looks to be particularly short for the modern game at 15. Donaldson looks more like the type of player needed at the back, but I suspect he will lock down the 10 spot after playing there for the Wallabies.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
And Edmed can pump onto it.

I'm really going to miss games at Leichhardt Oval.
How good is Harrison under the high ball? He looks to be particularly short for the modern game at 15. Donaldson looks more like the type of player needed at the back, but I suspect he will lock down the 10 spot after playing there for the Wallabies.
I can't really recall him under the highball, but he was pretty good at 15 in the game against The Force last year. He's definitely a little on the shorter side compared to some of the modern 15's, but handy to have as a second playmaker and good rugby IQ in how he injected himself into the game.

Your correct with Donaldson looking more like a fullback option. Harrison at 10 and Donaldson at 15 wasn't an uncommon sight back when they played together in the NRC (Sydney Rays) or at Randwick together, but I suspect his extended time out has really set Harrison back somewhat with his fly-half aspirations.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
20230121-094507.jpg

20230121-094451.jpg

What was the serious deal? I'm not sure if I have to hate this guy

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Coleman has said previously that out of all of the young 10’s, Harrison is the only one that fits the utility role of being able to play 12 and 15. I’m pretty happy with Coleman thus far. So I’m happy to take his word for it about who should play where
Harrison has played about 15 full games of Super and never been an actual standout. He’s gutsy and can kick goals but I’m not sure why some people on this forum rate him to such an extent.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Harrison has played about 15 full games of Super and never been an actual standout. He’s gutsy and can kick goals but I’m not sure why some people on this forum rate him to such an extent.
He certainly was a stand out at u20 RWC in 2019 when Lolesio we as at 12 and Donaldson off the bench

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Most of those games were in 2020 & 2021 when the Tahs pack was getting pummelled. Gordon was out injured and he had rookie centres outside him. He still did a fair job in pretty tough circumstances.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Cameron Murray is a league player who happened to go to a prestigious rugby school. Being a talented footballer he made Newington's First XV and Australian Schoolboys. But, his heart was/is always in league; check his junior clubs before he wandered over to Stanmore.

Another Wally Lewis.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
20230121-094507.jpg

20230121-094451.jpg

What was the serious deal? I'm not sure if I have to hate this guy
Love him as a league player and he would have been able to play rugby if he chose it but he didn’t. Others are correct he only played Rugby because League wasn’t offered at Newington. He’s currently 24, Captain of Souths and contracted until 2025 on 850k not including state of origin, Kangaroos + other endorsement payments which would take him to the best part of 1m.

It’s not sustainable to chase 3-4 players that will want to be paid 1m. I’m really hoping this is just media attention from Eddie.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Love him as a league player and he would have been able to play rugby if he chose it but he didn’t. Others are correct he only played Rugby because League wasn’t offered at Newington. He’s currently 24, Captain of Souths and contracted until 2025 on 850k not including state of origin, Kangaroos + other endorsement payments which would take him to the best part of 1m.

It’s not sustainable to chase 3-4 players that will want to be paid 1m. I’m really hoping this is just media attention from Eddie.
I do think part of the strategy might be that if you want 1-2 you're better off chasing 3-4 (or more) at once. There's only so much money in the NRL to keep those guys in the game, so putting pressure on both individual teams salary caps and the 3rd party agreements/any marquee fund the NRL wants to bring to bear is going to help. Ideally though they do probably want to be targeting teammates for that e.g. Sua'ali'i and Crichton at the Roosters.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)

I'm just asking what was the serious deal offered by Tahs

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
2023 is the last year in the Stan/Nine broadcast deal, there is a 2 year option for 2024 & 2025 though.
Whether that option also includes some ability to renegotiate the value is unknown.

So wouldn’t be surprised to see Rugby Australia/Eddie doing their bit to put rugby in the headlines a bit more when renegotiating the broadcast rights.

Alex Ross (28)
Genia was one of our safest under the highball.

Reactions: TSR