• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
hahahahahaha. Funny guy. Let's see how his 2nd year goes before rushing to make such comments. His 2nd year everywhere else didn't really go that well....until blank cheque books came into it.

Fact checking needed?

Warringah #1: Won it
Warringah #2: Lost to Uni in the GF
Gordon #1: (coming off last the season before, just missed the finals)
Gordon #2: Won it
Giltinis #1: Won it

1672884685428.png

They were consistently the best NSW side during the NRC.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, I wanted to make comment under the pic about all the chat at the time but didn't bother. Makes a lot more sense to play trials leading into the season and not before the Xmas break. SS teams are much more put together now as well.

Is this the first game of anything on Concord since its reopening? Probably been something but first game with professionals involved.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I agree too many people think some are ‘rugby’ guys but aren’t. Angus however is as rugby as they come, he even attends the odd SS game.

This is a great video right from the horses mouth on the subject. His mother even said in the video he had wallaby posters up on the wall with him scratching out the “I wanna be a wallaby be” with “I’m going to be a wallaby”.

Crichton then went on to make comments on his contact with Rugby

From Daily Telegraph in 2017

ANGUS Crichton would be one of the hottest prospects in rugby union — not the NRL — had the NSW Waratahs not put a five-year moratorium on him playing at the top level.

The South Sydney forward has revealed how the Waratahs bizarrely told the then 18-year-old he would not play Super Rugby until he was 23, which effectively drove him out of the battling code.

Two-time Australian Schoolboys rugby star said he would not have even entertained a move to the Rabbitohs had the Waratahs not told him he would have to serve a five-year apprenticeship before playing Super Rugby.

Not only have the struggling Waratahs allowed a future star slip through their fingers, Crichton last night backed more young rugby stars to take advantage of the better pathways programs in rugby league

Crichton told The Locker Room podcast how he was stunned by the Waratahs’ plans for him, and wasted no time contacting Souths coach Michael Maguire who he said told him “I want you playing first grade as soon as you’re ready’’.

The Souths backrower told The Daily Telegraph the move was never about the money or taking the fast route to the top.

“I sat there with my dad in a meeting with the Waratahs, I was an 18-year-old who had dreams of playing professional footy,” Crichton said.

“When they told me I wouldn’t be playing first grade, or Super Rugby, until I was 23, it was the polar opposite when I met Madge who told me he’d play me when I was ready. That made it easy.’’ ~
This hurts me a lot