• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
For the record, I’m a big fan of Edmed and Harrison. Haven’t seen much of Donaldson so no opinion yet, but all three at the Tahs is an issue unless they can get gametime.

Brumbies are short on backup for Lolesio after the Force pinched Pasitoa and Kuenzle....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A small ginger flyhalf - you’d need to be, every flanker that’s ever walked onto the pitch and seen him would’ve started snorting and pawing at the ground.

Might explain the face like a smashed crab

So true. He’d learn quickly the quality of his step. If it’s good, no amount of snorting and pawing is going to help the flanker looking silly.
Edit: I speak as a ex lower grade schoolboy flanker with more enthusiasm than class.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
For the record, I’m a big fan of Edmed and Harrison. Haven’t seen much of Donaldson so no opinion yet, but all three at the Tahs is an issue unless they can get gametime.

Brumbies are short on backup for Lolesio after the Force pinched Pasitoa and Kuenzle....
Debrezcini was a good pick up. Has Rodney Iona moved on? Could just do a job when required

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Information as per allrugby.com

Screenshot 2023-01-24 161708.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Heard the West Tigers are looking good every single year.....

I am glad to see the way they are developing. Positive signs last year and hopefully the momentum keeps going. One thing for sure is they won't be surprising anyone in game this year. Brumbies for me still deserve to go in as the No.1 Australian side before a game is played.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

great update on how the bois are going. training the house down! embarrassment of riches with edmed/harrison/donaldson
I'm sad to hear Joey Walton has suffered a setback and that Will Harrison is still a no go until March. I was looking forward to those two hopefully getting some time in the Trials.

Sounds like a few players won't be quiet there at the start of the season which is a shame. Anyone got word on how the forwards like HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Bell etc are tracking?

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
With no knowledge of all the details I'd guess HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is a mid season return? Bad thing about a late season injury. I hope Bell is good to go and the way Holz played last year should give peace of mind to a lot of people.

Joey Walton can't take a trick the last few years. Played some good footy for Bay of Plenty late last season so it's good to know he will be ready when he gets the greenlight. Perese, Foketi and Walton all being somewhat injury prone the last couple of years is a slight concern with the guys below that being very raw and more in the development side of the squad.