• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Gordon is a very good Super Rugby player and when he plays well the Tahs tend to at their best, surprise, surprise. Waratahs Captain as well which should mean something.

Gives them the ability to bring Wilson through properly.

I didn’t mind how Harry Wilson was playing towards the end of the season when he got a chance. Offers good versatility being able to cover Centre, Wing, Fullback.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Bowen, Wilson though already capped.

O’Donnell is a chance and Jack Barrett will at some stage all though only played Colts this year so probably 2025 and let him physically develop. Tahs signed Slack-Smith as well who I think looked really good. Different type of 7 than the Tahs have had with Hooper, Gamble. Ropata is another U20s who looks dangerous.

There will be SS players brought into pre season but not sure which will feature heavily in match day squads regularly. Barnabas, Gibbs, Icely all up to it.

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More worried about THP and the locks than what show pony is going to drop it in the backs

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We seem to have 3 decent LHPs and one THP (Johnson-Holmes) who had collapsing issues and Holz .................

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
With these selections and signings suggestions. Typing Tahs to finish 8th and 3rd in Aussie conference but hay we are developing players. NOT

just pick older more seasoned players and leave your development players in the academy. That’s right u can’t afford the older players. Who gives up 100 k job as a 24 yr old who doesn’t live at home to play and train for the tahs for next to nothing.
As you were keep chasing the cheaper option. Budget wise spread sheet selections

Alex Ross (28)
Who gives up 100 k job as a 24 yr old who doesn’t live at home to play and train for the tahs for next to nothing.
Those who want it and back themselves. Base Super Rugby contract is $85k. I guess anyone who won’t take a shot at a dream and much greater riches for a small drop in coin doesn’t really have their heart in it.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Who gives up 100 k job as a 24 yr old who doesn’t live at home to play and train for the tahs for next to nothing.
As you were keep chasing the cheaper option. Budget wise spread sheet selections
I think you would find a lot of players (especially from shute shield) who would jump at the opportunity...

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Those who want it and back themselves. Base Super Rugby contract is $85k. I guess anyone who won’t take a shot at a dream and much greater riches for a small drop in coin doesn’t really have their heart in it.
Your supposedly from the central west go ask Hunter if he was on 85.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Well, I don’t think he was part of the initial full time squad which that applies to.

Don’t know what extended members get as a base on top of match payments.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With these selections and signings suggestions. Typing Tahs to finish 8th and 3rd in Aussie conference but hay we are developing players. NOT

just pick older more seasoned players and leave your development players in the academy. That’s right u can’t afford the older players. Who gives up 100 k job as a 24 yr old who doesn’t live at home to play and train for the tahs for next to nothing.

Who are you even talking about?

TheRugbyGURU95

Frank Nicholson (4)
Bowen, Wilson though already capped.

O’Donnell is a chance and Jack Barrett will at some stage all though only played Colts this year so probably 2025 and let him physically develop. Tahs signed Slack-Smith as well who I think looked really good. Different type of 7 than the Tahs have had with Hooper, Gamble. Ropata is another U20s who looks dangerous.

There will be SS players brought into pre season but not sure which will feature heavily in match day squads regularly. Barnabas, Gibbs, Icely all up to it.
O’Donnell has signed with the Western Force

TheRugbyGURU95

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nothing has been posted, where did you find this.
It was leaked by Western Force HQ, they edited the article a couple hours after. They confirmed it in dm:
CC3CAD70-657D-4B74-815C-CFE83F129BF3.jpeg