• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
You'd have to think that Harrison's potential ceiling has fallen significantly over the last few years due to injury and the subsequent lack of development opportunities.

Wasn't there another kid who is the new saviour?
Jack Bowen…?

Hogan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Most people on here last year were calling Edmed to be a Wallaby . Now after 2 ho hum trials it’s… “When is Harrison back”…I can’t keep up…
Edmed is a solid club player and Harrison is more suited to 15 imo. Young Bowen might be the man for the job? Would be a huge ask though considering his inexperience.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Edmed is a solid club player and Harrison is more suited to 15 imo. Young Bowen might be the man for the job? Would be a huge ask though considering his inexperience.
Possibly, although Coleman needs to pick his 10 and back up and stick with them….not chop and change.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
DC must be a fan. Played in the trials at the back end of 2023.

Built like a tank for a kid. Intresting that he’s arguably the 3rd 7 for the Tahs. If a couple injuries hit would he get the call or do they find an older player/shuffle the deck.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
DC must be a fan. Played in the trials at the back end of 2023.

Built like a tank for a kid. Intresting that he’s arguably the 3rd 7 for the Tahs. If a couple injuries hit would he get the call or do they find an older player/shuffle the deck.
To my eyes, in the pre-Christmas Campbelltown trial he looked OK. Certainly didn't look like a schoolie, but I didn't think he'd be ready till 2025 on what I saw.

As there is no feed from Manly Oval can we get a couple of reports from attendees as to how he's progressing?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
We’re in trouble if we get reports from Manly Oval. Games up at Rat Park.

Proper Rugby ground plus I assume still got premier grade cricket on at Manly.

It’s just interesting that this close to the season he’s still getting such big minutes.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm expecting the Tahs to come out firing by Rd 1, they've had a pretty stable squad past 2 years and are looking relatively healthy on the injury front.
If you think that a quarter of the squad unavailable for round 1 is relatively healthy, then you and I have different understandings of relatively healthy.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If you think that a quarter of the squad unavailable for round 1 is relatively healthy, then you and I have different understandings of relatively healthy.
On Australian rugby standards only having a quarter of your assets unable to perform is fantastic

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)

It’s just interesting that this close to the season he’s still getting such big minutes.
Busy day at Rat Park tomorrow.

7’s By the Sea Tournament kicks off from 8am

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Besides Porecki and Perese, who from the starting XV will still be out injured for Rd 1

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Problem is we are throwing guys out there like Max who haven't had the hit outs, then we'll get the shits as the team will be clunky.

We go in swings as to how we see our 12. I personally don't think Edmed is one, and am not a fan of the second playmaker option. It's unthreatening to a defence and tells you we are going to kick it away most of the time. Didn't work with Barnes and Halangahu and I don't think it would now. You need to be able to bend the line and have support runners off their hip. Look at Paisami. He has some flaws mostly around attackers being able to get past him with late lateral movement but he's added the ability to kick and pass from where it was a few seasons ago. We have that in Foketi. I think Perese can make a big difference in bending the line but we need support runners.

You're spot on about Walton. He's a Center. I'd leave Mark where he can do his best work and put someone at FB who has done it before. If that's Harry Wilson so be it. Walton hasn't even payed 15 in Shute Shield and he looks like he's trying to figure it out which you can't do now.
Ideally you have a 12 who can do it all. You're right in that foketi is the closest to that. Particularly going on his form over the past couple years.

I'm not suggesting that edmed is the starting 12 for Tahs but that I believe his current skillet is probably more suited to 12 than 10.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

My bad. Thought it was at Manly Oval.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Besides Porecki and Perese, who from the starting XV will still be out injured for Rd 1
Round 1 Hanigan and Porecki are in doubt, Porecki is listed as an Achilles injury (1+). That could be anything.
Perese is trialling this week.
Sinclair is round 2-4, Harrison is round 3, Lambert (16) is a knee and return is unknown, Holz is round 8-9, Ross is round 2-4.

The key problem is in the front row. Any injury to our front row against the Reds Is a potential disaster because although we recruited to strengthen it four of our main squad are out and two of them are long term.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The key problem is in the front row. Any injury to our front row against the Reds Is a potential disaster because although we recruited to strengthen it four of our main squad are out and two of them are long term.

The hell are our S&C people doing?