• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Even though it’s a young side its not good.

Just scraped past NSW Pasifika and now these.

I get the whole their contracted players statement but a lot won’t be in a couple of years and are on contract through potential at this point. Just like many in Club land were at some point.

Hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see how this season goes well.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
Genuine question as I don’t watch Shute Shield but which guys are you referring to?
Barrett (might start this year but wasn’t in their GF 23), Durbridge, DiStaso, Heaven, McCrea, Kennedy - not sure about the others.

That said, this Tahs had team should’ve had far more firepower vs Rats and Manly - especially with their backs.

Reactions: TSR

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Had a mate at the field who texted me this…

FT 7-7 against Warringah
FT 10-0 against Manly
Ok, got to say these results are a little uninspiring. What was the format, a half against each SS team like they've done in the past? Are there any team lists for who was running out for Warringah and Manly?

It would be great to hear from someone who got to watch as to what they saw (who performed well or not).

Really, a professionally trained squad should be doing better than this against a semi-professional teams.

It's gonna be a loooooong season for us
It's really starting to feel that way.

Last edited:

Steve_Grey

Ward Prentice (10)
Heard there are more leg injuries - to some of the Academy players, someone in the office saw the game and said the starting #8.