• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
good move, hope Pone goes well, hope the RA managed waratahs have also paid a hefty amount for the loan, like.. a few million wiped off the debt.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Has he made an appearance at all this season? I wonder what the deal with him is. The other Rebels props have all been consistently turned over so I presumably it's not that he's being kept out of the side.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Big step forward in terms of the management of the game in Australia, but experienced emergency props is a rip cord the tahs needed to pull weeks ago, with a hooker probably still needed to.

Should be good game time for Pone though, as it stands he was entirely out of the wallabies conversation, 4 games might be just enough for him to press a claim.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He's not Angus Bell but his running will really help the 'Tahs. Lessens the pressure on Perese, Swinton, Gleeson. And balances the rangy boys in Hanigan, Sinclair, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) etc.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If you can get him to half time so be it.

Rather be able to bring someone on then rely on him to have the gas to make it to the end if brought on as a sub.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The timing on Pieretto is interesting with Glasgow about to embark on an RSA tour with fellow reserve tighthead Murphy Walker unsighted at senior level this season. Perhaps the "early" release of Mosese has played a part?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Is he the first Argie in Tahs since Patricio "Pato" Noriega?
gettyimages-563750-612x612.jpg

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you can get him to half time so be it.

Rather be able to bring someone on then rely on him to have the gas to make it to the end if brought on as a sub.
It's not so much the gas I'm worried about, it's slotting into all the patterns around lineout, defence, attack, kick off etc. Not as demanding for a tight head as some other positions but there's still plenty to learn. I tend to be of the belief that it's a bit easy to slot in coming off the bench when the rest of the team has hopefully found their groove than it is starting.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's not so much the gas I'm worried about, it's slotting into all the patterns around lineout, defence, attack, kick off etc. Not as demanding for a tight head as some other positions but there's still plenty to learn. I tend to be of the belief that it's a bit easy to slot in coming off the bench when the rest of the team has hopefully found their groove than it is starting.
A wallaby prop is more likely to pick this up quicker than some rando clubbie

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I think its a great idea and straight from the Irish rugby playbook. Centralisation has its benefits. The full blown Irish model will never ever work i Australia but this is a glimpse of finally whats ahead.
Oh and a call out to HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Thompson-Stringer - they have carried the front row this year.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Last edited: