• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Joey Walton appears to be the preferred option, but I like him at 12, his kicking games adds flexibility

I do wonder where they think Sua'ali'i will play

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
More than they had - when you have 4 or 5 backs playing Shute Shield each week, you know you have the balance wrong.

I don't doubt S&C was a problem across the squad also.

I don't think that's accurate at all. We had the requisite number of front rowers contracted.

It just happened that all our injuries are in the same spot.

The alternative you seem to be suggesting is that we only have one or two backs on contract who don't make the matchday 23.

If everyone is healthy there should be 4 or 5 backs playing Shute Shield every week. Likewise there should be more than a whole front row doing the same.

Steve_Grey

Ward Prentice (10)
I don't think that's accurate at all. We had the requisite number of front rowers contracted.

It just happened that all our injuries are in the same spot.

The alternative you seem to be suggesting is that we only have one or two backs on contract who don't make the matchday 23.

If everyone is healthy there should be 4 or 5 backs playing Shute Shield every week. Likewise there should be more than a whole front row doing the same.
Correct - 3 backs playing Shute Shield, not 5.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tuipulotu & Wilson aren’t big losses to the squad. It’s expected at this stage with the amount they’ve been seen.

If you want to get better you have to make calls and move on from certain players.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
That development system though has plowed players into the Brumbies and their age sides. It’s our Pro set up that does fuck all. (I do agree we have too many stove pipes not working together)

These guys can’t crack a bottom of the table side. Good teams or teams that want to be good need to make calls and moves or expect more of the same.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
How many MORE frontrowers should they have contracted before the start of the season? Contracting is not the problem for the front row this year - S&C might be.
Watching that game last night and see the difference in S&C proved we are way off in this area. Our guys looked stuffed by half time.

Steve_Grey

Ward Prentice (10)
Carnage:

Heaven out for the season, Gleeson, Perese, Foketi and Jorgenson all picked up injuries this weekend and are in doubt for next weekend.
You couldn't make it up - amazing run of injuries, Jorgenson out with a hamstring injury.

Last edited:

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
Tuipulotu & Wilson aren’t big losses to the squad. It’s expected at this stage with the amount they’ve been seen.

If you want to get better you have to make calls and move on from certain players.

Especially with Sual'ii and Kellaway coming in. Will be interesting to see how the Tahs structure their backline next year. We are also blooding plenty of front rowers this year. It will be interesting to see the front rower roster next year to see if anyone blooded this year gets an opportunity next year, e.g Heaven et al.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Even though I think JS is a 13 long term it wouldn't surprise me to see him slot onto the Wing initially were Marky was with Jorgo still at 15 and Kellaway in for Perese at 13 for now.

I could also see Kellaway move back to 15 and Jorgo drop out and JS into 13. Jorgo is still so young it isn't concerning if he bobbed up and down in the side.

Lots of combos and JS at 15 is enticing but I can't imagine he's been doing much in play kicking for the last few years which makes him a target. He does have abetter foundation than Folau did though...