• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Botha eclipse Hotz, who I don't think has come on as much as I'd hoped. I agree, Amatosero could be a very good addition if he comes on board, a true lock where Holloway, Hanigan and Sinclair are all really lock/6 hybrids. I will be very keen to see how Bowen steps up to this level, looks a real talent at club footy.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
As we all know, though, every Super Rugby team can put out a very handy 1st 15, it's the 16 - 23+ depth chart that generally determines who wins anything.... And we've still got big holes to fill at lock, TH and o/s backs if we get any injuries to our top-liners. Looking forward to squad announcements whenever they're due.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Bell
Porecki
Johnson-Holmes
Holloway
Hanigan
Swinton
Gamble
Gleeson
Gordon
Edmed
Pietsch
Foketi
Perese
Nawaqanitawase
Jorgensen
With only 4 established Wallabies (Bell, Porecki, Foketi and Nawaqanitawase), a few sqaddies and Jorgensen coming through, looks like the Tahs will be vying with the Brumbies (only 4 Wallabies too, Slipper, Frost, Hooper and Valetini) for the wooden spoon next year.

But seriously, the makings of a strong team and with an extra year under Coleman's belt there should be improvement on this year.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I'll eat my hat if Sua'ali'i is not playing for the Waratahs next year. (figuratively of course)

Beer on the hill

Ward Prentice (10)
S3at R3clin3r broke the story a week ago in the Shute Shield thread about Angus Chrichton possibly jumping over to the Waratahs. Where would we see him fitting in?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Assuming he came to the Tahs, IMO the fastest transition would be to IC. We have plenty of centres though

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think we’ve seen the best of Perese. Will be surpassed by others.

I thought he may be one to go overseas after the WC and play in Japan for a while. They love that style. Japan might not like his off field though.

JS will be the big body along with Mark. He’s 196cm and 98kg at 20 years old. Looks like he could easily carry 103-105kg. Especially in Rugby where it does slow a bit from playing mostly back 3 in League and the running involved.

Footy head

Herbert Moran (7)
We probably need a big body in the backs.

2025 backline?

9. Wilson
10. Bowen
11. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
12. Crichton
13. Suallii
14. Pietsch
15. Jorgenson

Winning the comp with that back line. Can also see this as being the wallabies backline as well.
-Footyhead