• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I mean Ross if he's signed a contract.

I like Isi being brought in as well. Not often a capped wallaby in his 20s falls into your lap. Don't know what the story is though. Would have thought he would have gone back to Japan if an offer was there.

It sounds like he's got a pretty full suite of injuries so might struggle to pass the medical for an OS team:
Naisarani returned to the Force last season but with shoulder and leg injuries, only played four games at the end of the season.

“He is still only 29. We are giving him a six-week trial just to see how he goes with the training and how his body goes,” Coleman said. “But he is in a good headspace and saying all the right things, and he could potentially add depth to one of the strongest areas of our team, at the back of the scrum.”

Will be a great get if he can get his body right though, even if he can't offer a full season.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pre season dynasty.

Been a lot quieter so far. Can’t wait for some grade player to make a line break in a trial and we all buy in until half time in round 1
Yeah - there's been something else we can moan about recently :0

I'm sure in a couple of weeks the pre-season champs comments and complaining about lack of news/signings coming from Daceyville will start to ramp up

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can't say I've ever watched the bloke play (or at least remember watching him). But experienced props always make me happy.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree. He and Ross add some much needed bulk to the stocks.

Thought Botha showed good signs at times last year but looks like he still needs to put on some mass.

Bell, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Holz, Lambert, Ross, HTS feels like a good group of Props. It has been improved from last year.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
i'm not being smart here & I think some of these signings are good but is there any point signing 4 blokes all over 120kg if all our sides are going to play bball/7's to compete with the nz sides?

if the tahs were playing 20 games in the nth yeah these are awesome but 10 games in srpac

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
i'm not being smart here & I think some of these signings are good but is there any point signing 4 blokes all over 120kg if all our sides are going to play bball/7's to compete with the nz sides?

if the tahs were playing 20 games in the nth yeah these are awesome but 10 games in srpac

Three of the four All Blacks props are listed between 127kg and 144kg.

Fletcher Newell is the outlier at 112kg but he is unbelievably strong, particularly for his size.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Three of the four All Blacks props are listed between 127kg and 144kg.

Fletcher Newell is the outlier at 112kg but he is unbelievably strong, particularly for his size.

Ross is hardly mobile, havent seen alot of Thompson-Stringer but guessing he is more suited to scrum/breakdown rather than quick hands

Isi is a shadow of himself (hopefully for wobs sakes he can relcaim is old form)

Miles is spose to be a "Skelton clone"

if we all play like the nz sides you might as well just pick hanigan/holloway serviceable 5/6 that can get around the park

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't expect/hope to see Ross starting games but he's an improvement on the squad depth of last year of guys like Tauakipulu.

Isi is another I'm not tied to as he's only on a train and trial at this stage so lets see how his body is...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ross is hardly mobile, havent seen alot of Thompson-Stringer but guessing he is more suited to scrum/breakdown rather than quick hands

Isi is a shadow of himself (hopefully for wobs sakes he can relcaim is old form)

if we all play like the nz sides you might as well just pick hanigan/holloway serviceable 5/6 that can get around the park

I was mostly talking about props and I think it's about balance. We particularly need solid props at scrum time to be able to come off the bench and not give away a penalty at every scrum. Our depth there hasn't been good enough in the last couple of years particularly where we've had to go long stretched without Bell and Johnson-Holmes.

I am certainly happy with the Amatosero signing. He's young and hopefully has the talent to make it in Super Rugby. We have the lighter mobile locks but there are times when we do get bullied so we need some size and physicality. Hopefully he can provide it over time.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

Then people will complain that our forwards are soft and get dominated

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_9263.jpeg