• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I can't find specifics but it looks like Dolly might be on the final year of his Leicester contract. He'd have to be the option if the tahs want someone longer term, which they might given Porecki must be looking a bit shaky long term with his injury history.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I can't find specifics but it looks like Dolly might be on the final year of his Leicester contract. He'd have to be the option if the tahs want someone longer term, which they might given Porecki must be looking a bit shaky long term with his injury history.
Eastwood product, just for the record.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Eastwood product, just for the record.
I made sure to chuck that in there for you in the original post.
Porecki also going to be 32 by the end of the year. A long term plan/target has to be in place. I'd personally love to see the Tahs go after Pollard. Dangle a starting jersey in front of him with what's ahead for the Wallabies. If you want to be involved heavily, starting is puts you in the best position.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I made sure to chuck that in there for you in the original post.

Porecki also going to be 32 by the end of the year. A long term plan/target has to be in place. I'd personally love to see the Tahs go after Pollard. Dangle a starting jersey in front of him with what's ahead for the Wallabies. If you want to be involved heavily, starting is puts you in the best position.
Lonergan injury might prevent that as Pollard might back himself after this run of starts.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Think he might be going to the Force?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Doran at the Roar is reporting this re Bell

Although an exact timeframe regarding his return remains unclear, Waratahs sources say he will miss the rest of the Super Rugby season and is unlikely to be back in time for the Wallabies’ season opener against Wales on July 6.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) not picked in the entire squad for game vs saders. Whats the deal there?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And the question should be asked (again): if we're not expecting him around next year, should we be spending the back half of the season developing someone else?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
And the question should be asked (again): if we're not expecting him around next year, should we be spending the back half of the season developing someone else?
Is Reilly signed beyond this year? If so, I don't think he needs time for development as such, I'm happy with the Tahs picking either him or Mark for the remainder of the season. Next year will be very different anyway with Kellaway and Sua'ali'i joining.

But then, if we're writing this season off, is there a younger option in the squad who might benefit from some time? It'll be a traffic jam in the back 3 next year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pick who you think is the best player each week.

I'd personally like to see them win a couple of games, not select intentionally inferior sides on the basis of building for next season. This is their profession for all concerned. The season might be gone but their future employment prospects can be impacted by how they perform in the second half of the season. Likewise whether or not fans renew memberships and buy tickets next year.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Part of me really thinks MM has farked his career here. Unless he dominates in jail rugby which I have seen no evidence of. A shame - I like the bloke.
Miss Lions tour and will have to work his ring off to get back into contention for RWC if some of the other back 3 are performing.
Yes he gets the cash and maybe thats all that matters in this case but get a sense that he and his manager spat the dummy, called RA's bluff and 'won'.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wonder if Marky will turn out for Eastwood? Unless Batger got him to Easts as well….

I’m sure his agent would have other ideas to playing Shute Shield.

Got to say on the weekend he was looking massive with a bit less zip. Don’t know if he want to carry that in League when he’s going to up his distance covered.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wonder if Marky will turn out for Eastwood? Unless Batger got him to Easts as well….

Got to say on the weekend he was looking massive with a bit less zip. Don’t know if he want to carry that in League when he’s going to up his distance covered.
Still Eastwood registered - be cool to see him play Club rugby.

LevitatingSocks

Chris McKivat (8)

Thought the same when I watched him in person against the Reds, he looked bigger than half of the backrowers on the field. Definitely bulked up compared to the past.