• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies - Round 8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mil

Bob McCowan (2)
Really?

More like they'll both be in the starting XV as they were last year.

Not guaranteed. You could have Beale/CLL/To'omua at FB for the Wallabies. If TK can't deliver the strike power at 13 it would be better to have Folau there, if he can, and the three I listed filling out the 12/13, possibly even 10, positions.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I love the relentless theme from so many posters that the Wallabies coach is just waiting for excuses to drop his key players.

I imagine Cheika sitting down at the start of the season and thinking hmm... how do I push Kuridrani, Hooper, Simmons, Fardy etc. out of this team.

The Mil

Bob McCowan (2)
It's long been thought that Folau should be moved to 13 as he can't get involved enough at 15.

Having default players in positions no matter form is a play out of Laurie Daley's book, and not a good play at that.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's long been thought that Folau should be moved to 13 as he can't get involved enough at 15.

Having default players in positions no matter form is a play out of Laurie Daley's book, and not a good play at that.

Yeah, nah..........

The Mil

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah, I doubt he's going to weaken a position in the team and drop one of his proven test performers...

Which is why he'd only make the decision if placing Folau at 13 and another player at 15 would be a better situation than TK at 13 and Folau at 15.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)

The problem is, when Folau has been involved, unless he gets a clean break he has not done too well at the breakdown, he has turned the ball over a number of times, this is something that might happen more at 13 as they run into the defence more.
TK hasn't been playing as well this year as he did last, but if we are basing Wallabies being dropped on performances so far this year then Izzy is right up there on the list.
Is this his 1st start at 13? IMO any coach who decides to pick one player with 1 start over another proven performer in a position, based on ONE match shouldn't be coach.
I don't think Cheika would be that rash or stupid.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kuridrani could miss 10 tackles on Saturday night and Cheika's response would probably be that he had a bad game but it's only one game and the test season is still almost two months away and he was a core member of his RWC team.

The Mil

Bob McCowan (2)
Kuridrani could miss 10 tackles on Saturday night and Cheika's response would probably be that he had a bad game but it's only one game and the test season is still almost two months away and he was a core member of his RWC team.

And then we'll see how TK goes for the rest of the season. He hasn't been fantastic this year and lacks the pace of a true 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.