• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes Sat 14th May 7.45pm Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Did Hanigan get on (i didn't spot him)? If not does that affect his chances to play in the finals?
Braveheart, who has better knowledge than me about these things said that he didn't because he had signed pre season. Makes sense because surely they would have run him on for the last few minutes if he had to.play if that was required

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Ryan hate is quite amusing, what other options were there\are there as a injury cover?

and he didn't lose us that game, but he didn't do much to get us in a position to win it

We lost because we couldn't keep up the intensity for the 80, that will come with time

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Ryan hate is quite amusing, what other options were there\are there as a injury cover?

and he didn't lose us that game, but he didn't do much to get us in a position to win it

We lost because we couldn't keep up the intensity for the 80, that will come with time
He was weak in the scrum and managed a knock on - some classic Paddy Ryan features.

Agree he didn't lose it though. We had a few chances to convert territory to points in the latter part of the game and but let them off the hook, where as they iced their chances. That's the biggest difference.

When you have lost momentum and you have a chance to get a couple of points and cool the game off a bit you can't miss it.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Ryan had two involvements, a knock-on and a red card! No, he definitely didn't lose us the match, but his net contribution was clearly negative. He must have really shown something at training, because he was only ever really a fringe run-on, and he's returned in his 30's after playing four years at a lower level.
What options? Ruan Smith, a strong scrummager who's fairly ineffective around the park but makes few mistakes. Not ideal, but our number one THP is injured, our number 2 is starting (and doing a good job), so yes, we are a bit weak at number 3.
By the way, it's not hate, I'm sure he's a good guy and doing his best, I certainly don't have any personal animosity towards him. However he's not now a Super rugby prop (if he ever was) any more than I am

not hate at all, he is actually a lovely person HOWEVER he has 4 involvements that were horrendous. I counted 2 x knock on, he gave away the scrum penalty that led to the winning Canes try and he got red carded and essentially it ended the last chance to win the game. Why was Archer Holt replaced? He was having a great game. Is there no other tight head props in club rugby that could be elevated as injury cover? Paddy was a poor performer in his prime let along being mid 30's coming back from playing MLR which really isnt that high of a standard.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
So now we have two red carded props (Bell against Chiefs and Ryan last Saturday) that should not have been given.

We must be pretty unlucky that twice the refs have got the call horribly wrong. I would put forward that Bell's was far more influential given it was the 4th minute, and the Tahs were out on their feet at the end of the match which was when it blew out. However, the Tahs were on attack on Saturday and it was called back. It may still have been a penalty, who knows, but very frustrating to twice be f$@ked over by the refs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So now we have two red carded props (Bell against Chiefs and Ryan last Saturday) that should not have been given.

We must be pretty unlucky that twice the refs have got the call horribly wrong. I would put forward that Bell's was far more influential given it was the 4th minute, and the Tahs were out on their feet at the end of the match which was when it blew out. However, the Tahs were on attack on Saturday and it was called back. It may still have been a penalty, who knows, but very frustrating to twice be f$@ked over by the refs.
Yep it was called back, but I not sure it shouldn't of been, the Judiciary only said it didn't meet the red card threshold, not that it wasn't a penalty or yc did they? In fact they said it was close too but did not breach being a RC.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)

Absolutely. The soon world rugby wake up and fix the wording of the rules regarding head high contact the better. But I won’t be holding my breath. To use a saying my old boss would have used in the days before political correctness. Those idiots couldn’t organise a F in a brothel with a fist full of fifties.

Status
Not open for further replies.