• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes Sat 14th May 7.45pm Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think Edmed is generally more reliable, and better able to get the backline working and utilise our two attacking centres. Where I think Donaldson is better is his kicking in general play, and I think he is a more dangerous runner with the ball. I'd like to see Edmed run a little more, if for no other reason than to commit defenders.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm not surprised Edmed has kept the 10 jersey. He's been excellent. Donaldson hasn't been better to any degree that he should get it straight back now that he's healthy. He hasn't done anything particularly impressive off the bench.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I'm not surprised Edmed has kept the 10 jersey. He's been excellent. Donaldson hasn't been better to any degree that he should get it straight back now that he's healthy. He hasn't done anything particularly impressive off the bench.
Yeah, can't argue with that, hope he keeps it going.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Edmed is generally more reliable, and better able to get the backline working and utilise our two attacking centres. Where I think Donaldson is better is his kicking in general play, and I think he is a more dangerous runner with the ball. I'd like to see Edmed run a little more, if for no other reason than to commit defenders.

I agree that Edmed should run more but I think he's better at this than Donaldson (somewhere between Donaldson and Harrison).

The first try against the Crusaders was a good example. He had a really strong carry into traffic, got over the advantage line and recycled quickly and then Gordon hit Pietsch on a great line and he went through and scored.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Donaldson has only had a couple of minutes to close out the game, which is not going to influence the game a great deal.
Donaldson is a fine young player who will be getting his fair share of games at flyhalf moving forward. Edmed’s base is more suited to the centre channel.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Donaldson has only had a couple of minutes to close out the game, which is not going to influence the game a great deal.
Donaldson is a fine young player who will be getting his fair share of games at flyhalf moving forward. Edmed’s base is more suited to the centre channel.

I really rate Donaldson. I just don't think he's about to be handed the reins at 10 again without doing something to change the current perception that Edmed has been playing well and has taken the spot for the time being after Donaldson got injured. Donaldson wasn't cemented enough in the role that he was a walk up starter once he returned (which is why he's still on the bench).

Donaldson got plenty of minutes last week and while he was fine, he wasn't substantially better than Edmed had been (and Edmed had a fairly average game).

The Tahs are 4 wins and 2 losses since Edmed took over.

Likewise Edmed isn't about to be moved to 12.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

I'm a big Edmed fan, but I thought he was very quiet last week.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm a big Edmed fan, but I thought he was very quiet last week.
Yeah, he was, but was that because of the way MP (Moana Pasifika) played the game, or just quiet in his game? When he did get involved it was positive.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I really rate Donaldson. I just don't think he's about to be handed the reins at 10 again without doing something to change the current perception that Edmed has been playing well and has taken the spot for the time being after Donaldson got injured. Donaldson wasn't cemented enough in the role that he was a walk up starter once he returned (which is why he's still on the bench).

Donaldson got plenty of minutes last week and while he was fine, he wasn't substantially better than Edmed had been (and Edmed had a fairly average game).

The Tahs are fortunate to have two (3 with Harrison) fine young players at flyhalf. Keeping them all will be a fine art, but doable if all parties are honest.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

I think Edmed deserves to hold the starting spot, despite Donalson looking better than him when he came on last week IMHO but it is easier to look better against tiring defense. I can see DC giving both big minutes before the finals to see who gets the nod. It's very healthy to have good competition in such a vital position, but I wonder if we can hold both in the long term as I believe they are both starting Super Rugby calibre

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I remember being in Durban in 2014 and watching the Tahs v Canes game live in the morning there. I can’t recall the specific details but I remember the Tahs won and commenting afterwards that it was the best game of Super rugby I had ever watched.

Bring that shit on tomorrow.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Question on ticketing. I have a flexi membership. Do I just bring the card to the game? Or do I have to book the tickets somehow? They are general admission.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Question on ticketing. I have a flexi membership. Do I just bring the card to the game? Or do I have to book the tickets somehow? They are general admission.
You need to order the tickets through Ticketek, go to the page for the game and enter the number on your card there to “unlock” tickets, they’ll show up as “member redemption” or something similar.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
You need to order the tickets through Ticketek, go to the page for the game and enter the number on your card there to “unlock” tickets, they’ll show up as “member redemption” or something similar.
Thanks. Simple once explained

Status
Not open for further replies.