• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Caption?

unspecified.jpeg

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If KB (Kurtley Beale) took a dive, he really committed, seeing as he went off for concussion and never returned.

Lost a lot of respect for Goramaru last night. A lot of people paid to come see him, and after the game he was the first one back in the sheds, before the refs had left the field. There were a lot of Japanese fans hanging round the tunnel waiting to see him, he was the only player not to stay and sign autographs

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It was a dive with a high level of technical difficulty. Dive with reverse pike and concussion. To be fair, he probably got the consussion when his head hit the ground, so it might have been self-inflicted. We could remove that possibility by allowing late tackles as long as they're below the shoulder.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As an aside Simmo was stiffed on his yellow card (though the next penalty would have been for something..)

Ref's not watching so must have been a linesman's call?

GkklQiq.png
Either the whole line was very slow or Simmons advanced a metre before Phipps picked up the ball.

The replay they showed at the ground had him well ahead of the rest of the line.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Either the whole line was very slow or Simmons advanced a metre before Phipps picked up the ball.

The replay they showed at the ground had him well ahead of the rest of the line.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Must have been the the whole line offside because he's already picked the ball up in that screen shot - here's the next frame.

Zt4pYuY.png

Gardner watches the pass all of the way around to this point (ie back to Simmons) - so hopefully he didn't just ping him because he was in front there

tBfRegY.png

Anyway - barely matters, as I said he would have given a penalty away at the next ruck the way they were going. Just seemed unlucky on the second viewing

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, if Beale hadn't dived the Reds were in with a big chance...

Tahs attack pattern worked really well, but only when they had the ball, which disappeared along with the scrum and lineout. I'd hope there are a few alarms ringing for Cam Blades

There were quite a few executional errors which consistently gave the reds their best chances, even if bungled. Hopefully this is an early season thing.

Tahs D was also very good.

Beale's dive was like Fardy's no try against the Canes. It turned what might only have been a drubbing into a drubbing.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
As a neutral I thought the KB (Kurtley Beale) thing was about right. Goromaru could have made a better effort to avoid the contact and KB (Kurtley Beale) played it a little bit. Neither were hanging offences and I would have expected to see a penalty to the Tahs if they hadn't scored a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.