• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Ha ha ha uncontested scrums because Tahs have no props
Should have said that before Tilse came on

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs shamed into uncontested scrums.

Amusing, can't see the Reds scoring again.

I reckon they should have to call Tilse back on.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Greene kicks it backwards to 8m out there, making it harder for his forwards who fluff the lineout anyway.

T

TOCC

No team should go to uncontested scrums with 2 reserve props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hooper turn over after Kerevi well tackle around the legs by Horwitz, Tahs instantly knock on.

45 seconds to go.

I think Kerevi should have popped there.

Talakai back on.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Reds in a dominate position to score but wanted to embarress Graham further so they give the ball to Tahs when they were 4m out from the Tahs line

EDIT: same thing happens 30 secs later

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No team should go to uncontested scrums with 2 reserve props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, there should be some sanction for this in the rules, e.g. you should be down that player for the game to stop a flanker coming on. Not that it matters this game, Tilse is in the bin anyway.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Tahs' props have really regressed this year - Robinson and Ryan in particular.

Time to give Cameron Orr and Tom Robertson a go surely

G

galumay

Oh....the final hooter woke me up. What a snore fest. So we won, but with little conviction. The ponies will punish us if we fall asleep like that.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs a couple of levels above the Reds, but played to the Reds level in the second half.

For the Tahs, some well taken tries in the first half, but nothing to speak of in the second half and nothing from their bench. Their scrum looks worrying, bossed by a 7 man Reds scrum including the reserve Reds LHP. Mixed game from the Tahs.

For the Reds, not many positives. Some of the forwards toiled ok, but the ball was too slow too often and McIntyre just stand too deep and shovels shit on. Frisby provided some spark here and there, Hunt looked solid. Would love to see Nabuli with more ball.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pretty tedious game
I spent a lot of the time reading the papers
Thought Horwitz was good and Tui And Frisby for the Reds.
edit: oh and Holloway and Guildford

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Good signs from the Tahs, but meh.

Horwitz and Holloway look great. Wallabies of the future.

But nothing like the clinical dyamism of the Brumbes. Nothing like.

The Reds: so many good players, so little clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.