• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Chiefs - Super Rugby RD6 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So I'd assume the Tahs would be flying out today or tomorrow.

I hear that TPN is the only one in doubt with rib soreness. If he is under an injury cloud, I wonder who the third hooker they will take to Hamilton will be?

Will McKibbin start again?

Will Dave Dennis make it through a game without suffering a serious head wound?

Will Adam Ashley-Cooper perform any deaf defying flips over advertising hoarding?

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought Ulugia came off injured last week and so would have been under some cloud for this week.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Possibly the game of the round with Stormers vs Bulls. Pick your poison, i'd prefer to watch this.

Lets just hope the Tahs don't quickly fall back to old habits after a win and focus on a forwards game. Barnes boot will need to be on song as any bad kicks are going to be run back very hard, Chiefs must be the best so far on counter attack.

Don't see why McKibbin wouldn't start again, something about Pratorius, over-hyped?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I meant to mention this in my review, but forgot - we have no info on Ulugia, and with TPN in doubt and Fitzpatrick already goooone we might have to take TWO hookers from nowhere (and if not now, then probably in a week or so when further injury inevitably strikes).

And let's hope Dave Dennis decides to start wearing head gear

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
FWIW, Payten's just tweeted that the Tahs' 22's unchanged from last week, McK at 9 starting, etc...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
from Foxsports

Benn Robinson
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Sekope Kepu
Dean Mumm
Kane Douglas
Dave Dennis
Chris Alcock
Wycliff Palu
Brendan McKibbin
Berrick Barnes
Adam Ashley-Cooper
Tom Carter
Rob Horne
Tom Kingston
Bernard Foley
Reserves
John Ulugia
Paddy Ryan
Sitaleki Timani
Lopeti Timani
Jono Jenkins
Sarel Pretorius
Daniel Halangahu

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Long may it continue.

One doesn't mind the odd statistical injury from time to time but what I fear is another Lemony Snickett series of unfortunate events, too close together.

We were feeling sorry for ourselves as though Huey and the rugby gods had turned down the thumb on us. To lose players who were run on Wallabies in the RWC, or should have been: Palu, Vickerman, Elsom, Mitchell and Barnes - add another, Turner, who was needed at the Super level, plus McCutcheon, the ostensible successor to Waugh, and the reserve hooker Fitzpatrick - and we were thinking about the ladders we had walked under recently.

The Reds weren't so bad off. Sure, their gun player Cooper, was missing, Hynes was gone, and then the twins were out, but nothing they couldn't handle with their well selected stable of fine players. Then came Snickett and the butchering of the Reds' flyhalves.

It may not turn out to be like the massacre of the props when Fast Eddie had to pull players like Big Dog from the local parks, but that will not comfort Link McKenzie.

But I digress - I fear the re-visit of Snickett to the Tahs and especially since the tight-five forwards have been playing so much rugby; hard stuff too. The arrival of the elder Timani has helped the second rowers but either Mumm or Douglas, now with his 2010 mojo back, could have been benched against the Chiefs. Also, THP Ryan came of age against the Sharks and could have started in this game.

One can read coach Foley's thoughts: there is a bye week coming up in Rd.7; so let's do it one more time.

Just don't tell Lemony Snickett.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I sort of think we should go with a forwards game, it's the best place to beat the chiefs. We certainly aren't gonna match their backs. I actually think we should only play forwards, which means no kicking! in seriousness, the tahs last week started playing that 2010 brand of forward interplay and offloading amongst each other that is so great to watch. That's what they should be doing (IMO of course)

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
In 2010 they came 11th or 12th? while we were semi finalists. Looking at the margin, I'm sure our victory was (in at least a small part) due to our forwards securing quality pill.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's good to see Foley learning from his previous errors. Namely, keeping McKibbin in the side after his MOM performance despite Sarel's (presumed) full fitness. I think benching TC was a major error on his part in terms of what it says to players about the relationship between performance and playing time. If Sarel is the better half, he'll win the job back.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I hope the Tahs display the same amount of attacking intent and daring as they did on the weekend. That game was fabulous to watch and it wasn't just flashy "basketball" rugby, there was plenty of grunt from the pigs and the set pieces were quality. It was proper fifteen man footy and long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.