• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Its good to see the ref making players roll away and not slow the ball down. The breakdown being refereed as it should be.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Al Baxter - Wallaby career officially over, 1 tighthead followed next scrum by a penalty. Could have been a penalty for the scrum on halfway at the end of the half too but the Crusaders had clean ball and played on.

Kepu - not up to it

Tahs have lost a lot of go forward with TPN going off. Lack of guidance around the pack in the 9-10-12 channel also costing them, really missing Barnes.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Al Baxter - Wallaby career officially over, 1 tighthead followed next scrum by a penalty. Could have been a penalty for the scrum on halfway at the end of the half too but the Crusaders had clean ball and played on.

Yep. Surely all the Baxter boosters must accept that he's not the answer.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Kepu - not up to it

Tahs have lost a lot of go forward with TPN going off. Lack of guidance around the pack in the 9-10-12 channel also costing them, really missing Barnes.

Baxter was fine until TPN went off.

I wish we could get our Fox Sports team to cover this. They don't update us on injuries.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Daniel Halangahu is playing his usual game of touch footy - he seems to do it every game he plays, I actually find it very amusing that he is considered the second best 10 that we have.
Despite Chris Pollock's absolutely disgraceful performance with the whistle, the Tahs have not looked up to it at all. Too many players have gone missing. 10-12 not working together, despite lots of time spent together.
Damien Fitzpatrick is having his worst game in a blue jersey and is actually walking around the park.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Daniel Halangahu is playing his usual game of touch footy - he seems to do it every game he plays, I actually find it very amusing that he is considered the second best 10 that we have.
Despite Chris Pollock's absolutely disgraceful performance with the whistle, the Tahs have not looked up to it at all. Too many players have gone missing. 10-12 not working together, despite lots of time spent together.
Damien Fitzpatrick is having his worst game in a blue jersey and is actually walking around the park.

Apart from the forward pass, and a few other little things, I thought that was one of the better refing performances i've seen this season.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I said at the beginning of the week that this game would be the true test of the Tahs forward pack given they had only played the Rebels and a pretty hopeless looking Reds pack....fail.

Don't know if TPN was the reason for the solid scrum early on....he went off way too early and only saw a couple of scrums I think. I think the Tahs scrum would have got monstered with or without him.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I understand where you're coming from, in my eyes when the reds lose the ref is always shit.

How did SANZAR schedule 3 kiwi refs????
Do kiwis know a general principal of what is forward and backward?
Do kiwis call stomachs, knees, and thigs 'feet' as well now???

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That ref was appalling. How can anyone actually defend him? I could go through and count 20 mistakes.

I am not having sour grapes. Some decisions went our way eg. Turner was off-side for Burgess' try.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ref made mistakes both ways. Had little or no bearing on the game. He was bad though. Missed a load.

Tight 5 got ragdolled, back row was ineffective, Halangawho is useless and Tom Carter really can't offer much if there are bigger, stronger people in front of him.

Is Horne made of glass?

Reactions: Epi
Status
Not open for further replies.