• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looking forward to this one. Just under 2 hours now...for those like me that won't quite make it home in time for the kick off, anyone know if it will be on ABC radio so I can listen on the way home in the car?

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Looking forward to this one. Just under 2 hours now...for those like me that won't quite make it home in time for the kick off, anyone know if it will be on ABC radio so I can listen on the way home in the car?

Game 1 –* Crusaders vs Waratahs, Kick-off 17:35 AEDT, Trafalgar Park, Nelson:
Ø* LIVE on *FOX Sports 1HD & 1 from 17:30 AEDT
Ø* LIVE across Australia on ABC Grandstand Digital Radio and streamed online at www.abc.net.au from 17:30 AEDT

from ARU media

Reactions: Ash

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Before you reply MB, the Tahs record is 15 or 16 losses and one win under Kaplan.

That is more because we get him (the "top" SA ref) against the best Kiwi S15 sides and they are the ones we generally lose to.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That is more because we get him (the "top" SA ref) against the best Kiwi S15 sides and they are the ones we generally lose to.

Do you have the stats for that? It would be interesting viewing, comparing our overall win/loss against those teams then with Kaplan. If we've played the Blues/Crusaders with Kaplan I'll happily concede but I don't think that's the case.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Do you have the stats for that? It would be interesting viewing, comparing our overall win/loss against those teams then with Kaplan. If we've played the Blues/Crusaders with Kaplan I'll happily concede but I don't think that's the case.

Nup, just a bit of logic, we usually get SA refs as the neutral options vs the Kiwis sides. The Kiwis are historically the strongest teams and who knock us over more often.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nup, just a bit of logic, we usually get SA refs as the neutral options vs the Kiwis sides. The Kiwis are historically the strongest teams and who knock us over more often.

Well that I just don't agree on. The Tahs have a very good record against NZ teams except the Crusaders. Last year we only lost to the Saders and Highlanders and in 2008 and 2009 I think it was just the Saders.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Recent history of regular season games only, source is Wikipedia.

2010 Crusaders 20 def Waratahs 13
2009 Waratahs 13 lost to Crusaders 17
2008 Crusaders 34 def Waratahs 7
2007 Waratahs 33 lost to Crusaders 34
2006 Crusaders 17 def Waratahs 11
2005 ???
2004 Crusaders 19 lost to Waratahs 43
2003 Waratahs 34 def Crusaders 31 (if I remember correctly, this is where Shaun Berne kicked a penalty right on full time to give the Tahs the win)
2002 Crusaders 96 def Waratahs 19

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I know we lost 05. I was on holiday, but my mates told me the saders never let us have a line out and went the quick throw each time. I think it was about a 5-10 point win. We went on to lose to them in the final too.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Well that I just don't agree on. The Tahs have a very good record against NZ teams except the Crusaders. Last year we only lost to the Saders and Highlanders and in 2008 and 2009 I think it was just the Saders.

The Blues have won 9 of the 15 times they've played I believe.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Hi,

Would anyone have info on how i could catch this game on the web.
I'm stuck in minibar-less room in la.
Been away too long to get foxtel organised to tape it so tonite might be my big chance.
I'm going to duck out and grab some beers to see me through the game. i can't believe they sell leffe for less than $2 at the local bottlo.
Go the tahs!
Cheers Dave

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hi,

Would anyone have info on how i could catch this game on the web.
I'm stuck in minibar-less room in la.
Been away too long to get foxtel organised to tape it so tonite might be my big chance.
I'm going to duck out and grab some beers to see me through the game. i can't believe they sell leffe for less than $2 at the local bottlo.
Go the tahs!
Cheers Dave

Have a read through this thread: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/7115-Access-to-Aussie-Rugby-from-OS

nice name :)

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Tahs scrum is getting RUINED. Robbie Freuan is an absolute beast of a man, he'll be part of the WC squad for sure. G. Whitelock and Todd are both running great support lines, making a lot of metres just wide of the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.