• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
But how does that disqualify him from being recognised as someone who played well? (Is that what you are saying?)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
2) Reasonably sure Pocock was getting a bit of stomping going on in the final rucks, which seems quite unlike him, but Baxter and Cross got pretty fired up and whichever Tah was on the bottom of that ruck (Alcock?) was limping around like a three-legged dog afterwards.

He was trying too get a bloke too let go of him so he could defend.

It's shocking that the tah supporters are whinging on here about the force. You won the game and you whinge.

Someone asked me about the force attacking. Sorry mate I didn't say anything about there attack
At all.

I often whinge about games that the force are hard done too so I can't say much. Pococks tackle was never a card or penalty. JOC (James O'Connor)'s tackle was not late. Just move on too next week and stop trying too make out you would of won comfortably if all those things went you way.

Go the force!!!!

F

front row freddy

waratahs game

very disappointed that we didn't see ben roberts from sydney university play on saturday night. John Ulugia was exhausted after the first 40 minutes. could be a little fitter I think. Fresh legs would have added an extra dimension. Hickey is a bit small minded, he should have given Roberts his first cap.

W

WB3

Interesting to see that Growden and his mate have picked Ryan Cross as the Australian player of the round in this mornings SMH.
They must watch the games in a bigger alcohol haze than me.

Growden's latest article (regarding scrums) was the most uninformative, boring tripe I have read in a while. The man must be so convinced of his own knowledge and hilariousness that he feels no need to convince others of it. Honestly, an article of that length could have been used so much more constructively for the readers of the SMH and instead we read that garbage. Even the mungos occasionally get something of more substance in the analysis that somebody (Jason Taylor) does.
I have long thought Growden incompetent, but that article lowered him to something further in my estimation. What a moron.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Cross got up because he was against his old side. As a player, I generally feel he lacks passion for the game and that shows in the way he plays.

last season,after the Force v highlanders game in Queenstown,a team of schoolboys(from queensland) gathered on the field to have a team photo taken with the Force players
the only force player to not avail himself to join in for the photo(even after I mentioned to him what was happening),was Mr Cross
he just couldn't be bothered

Cyril Towers (30)
very disappointed that we didn't see ben roberts from sydney university play on saturday night. John Ulugia was exhausted after the first 40 minutes. could be a little fitter I think. Fresh legs would have added an extra dimension. Hickey is a bit small minded, he should have given Roberts his first cap.
Big fan of Ben Roberts and would have loved to see him get a run on Sat night, but I can't agree. I thought Ulugia was good for 80.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He was trying too get a bloke too let go of him so he could defend.

It's shocking that the tah supporters are whinging on here about the force. You won the game and you whinge.

Someone asked me about the force attacking. Sorry mate I didn't say anything about there attack
At all.

I often whinge about games that the force are hard done too so I can't say much. Pococks tackle was never a card or penalty. JOC (James O'Connor)'s tackle was not late. Just move on too next week and stop trying too make out you would of won comfortably if all those things went you way.

Go the force!!!!

Sorry if I offended Shiggins, but I was just asking about a couple of things that I hadn't seen anyone else bring up and didn't say anything about JOC (James O'Connor) being supposedly late or Pocock's earlier tackle - just stuff that hadn't been mentioned already. I'm definitely happy the Tahs got up (although I tipped the Force in superbru) so sorry if it sounded like a whinge!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's ok jnor. It wasn't you I was directing it all at mate band the pocock part was just an answer. I think most people know that he isn't that type of player and if he gets fired up it's got too be for something bad.

Good win anyway mate. It would be nice too see the tahs get up and make the top 6. I am a force fan but I want all Aussie sides too do well. truth is I am behind all Aussie teams. None of this hating other teams in our conference. It kind of pisses me off to be honest but I am from wa and maybe that's got a lot too do with it.

Go the force!!!!

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't think anyone was suggesting Pocock's tackle was intended to cause injury. He's one of the most popular and best regarded players on GAGR, I'd hazard. But intent doesn't matter -- it was a lifting tackle and if it broke the horizontal it should have been penalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.