• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 2 Brumbies @ Blues

How badly will the Brumbies lose?

• Moderately so

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Even more moderately so

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Apocalyptically so

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • So badly so that Tomikin will delete his account and commit ritual suicide from the shame of it

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • We still doing this Melbourne thing, huh?

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Dismal was far better than you at these, you tedious cnt

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Where is that fker anyways?

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • We should put together an expedition to the Pitcairns to find him

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • The not-even-a-proper-state team will win (note, this is clearly the joke option)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Obligatory pole option

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Frankly it would've just be rude to go 100% for two regular seasons in a row. We're sporting gentlemen up here in Auckland and understand the value of a healthy, competitive, competition.

Unlike some other parts of the country.

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Andrew Muirhead had worked his arse off to get in between Reiko and his support player. Had Reiko passed the ball and had it been intercepted, we'd have posters here lamenting that he didn't go to ground and recycle.

Rieko should've given the ball earlier at the 22, rather than contemplating giving it so late. That puts the ball in RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck)'s hands who still has Clarke outside him in a two-on-one against Wright, and Rieko inside him to either potentially receive the ball back (and, therefore, likely occupy Muirhead's attention, leaving Clarke free to the left) or get in Muirhead's way.

Even a dinky wee grubber into the in-goal may have worked.

Throwing the pass that late may well have been broken up - though it's impossible to know how that would work out for anyone - so not throwing the pass in that situation may well have been the not-worst option (throwing it probably being the works). But it certainly wasn't the optimal one imo.

tldr; Still Reiko's fault and Conrad would've got it right.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Second half set piece, especially lineout, puts a big dent in Lonergan's wallabies hopes. Brums should probably have closed the game with their 57 year old coach as he was obviously cooked.

Looked a lot more like the flakey Debrecezni of old running around for brums too, though Noah wasn't perfect either.

Refereeing was pretty ordinary again, O'Keefe really trying to get in the Brums good books it seems. Flat out guessing at scrum time, mostly in Brums favour, and rewarded lonergan and then valetini with key steals in 2nd half when others may well have said they weren't supporting their own weight. That said, with both teams far from their best (the blues farther) the Brums found a way to win.

Finally, would it kill any teams he's playing with to just get Ikitau some early ball? 3 awesome hold up tackles and one great kick but still not getting nearly enough chances in attack.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Enjoyed that game. I appreciated O'Keeffe making the teams accountable. The conditions created an interesting dimension of fatigue and the game was really anyones to win. I'm so used to seeing the NZ teams run away with it at the end that I kept waiting for some small lapse in the Brumbies defences or some individual brilliance to break through, but the Brumbies just kept fronting up. It was a really good win.

Last edited:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Brumbies were very good in the second half, even though they didn't score (well neither did the other mob). Stepped up the pressure in the set pieces and at the breakdown, as well as keeping the Blues midfield (mostly) quiet. That's an excellent win for them.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm all for speeding the game up but you can't let people go off their feet shouldering people in the head and get away with it. Absolute joke. AAA missed the whole game because of it

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm all for speeding the game up but you can't let people go off their feet shouldering people in the head and get away with it. Absolute joke. AAA missed the whole game because of it
I could not believe there no replay of that. Just disgraceful.

Commentators just completely ignored it. Hopefully whoever did that is cited.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What's everyone's thoughts of nick white? Arguably won the game for the Brumbies but at the same time he never plays with advantage. Maybe he is trying to work the clock and fitness but I don't like the way he doesn't play to the whistle at times.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

It was just odd wasn't it.
We have gone from player safety being paramount to not giving a shit in 1 season.
There was also a tip tackle in a clean out that they didn't look at.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wright was horrendous. On a day where Petaia carved up, with EJ (Eddie Jones) in the stands, was a proper woeful performance.

Toole has been very good.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
A strong performance by Ponies. The only issue at second half was the terrible line-out but the defence was epic

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

I must admit I missed it at the time, thought it just a rugby injury, but it doesn't look great from the one angle we see of (is it Sotutu?) tucking and driving that right shoulder down in what must be AAA's head. I mean AAA's prone on the ground so your not really clearing anything out. You'd hope any HIA (especially a failed one) triggers a review of the action that lead to the occurrence, because really whats the point if we aren't actually (genuinely) looking after player welfare.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Wright was horrendous. On a day where Petaia carved up, with EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) in the stands, was a proper woeful performance.

Toole has been very good.
no he wasnt, he made one error and that was running it back when he should have kicked. one bloke played against the best side in super rugby and the other against a dead set joke of a side.