• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Week 2 Brumbies @ Blues

How badly will the Brumbies lose?

• Moderately so

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Even more moderately so

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Apocalyptically so

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • So badly so that Tomikin will delete his account and commit ritual suicide from the shame of it

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • We still doing this Melbourne thing, huh?

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Dismal was far better than you at these, you tedious cnt

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Where is that fker anyways?

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • We should put together an expedition to the Pitcairns to find him

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • The not-even-a-proper-state team will win (note, this is clearly the joke option)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Obligatory pole option

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't think Wright was as good as the week before, but he's getting glowing reviews from the weekend:

Paul Cully included him in the SMH Team of the week for round 2, writing in his column:

Tom Wright has also probably exceeded expectations in the fullback role.

And Rugbypass:

1. Tom Wright – 8/10
Utility back Tom Wright may have found himself a home in the No. 15 jersey for the Brumbies. The former NRL playmaker was in the middle of the action throughout much of the game, having run the ball nine times for almost 70 meters.

Wright registered a try assist in the 17th minute after showcasing some skill to get the ball out to winger Any Muirhead as quickly as he could.

That defensive effort on Robertson was pretty embarrassing though...

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
Happy to be on the other side of Paul Cully.

Was at the game and the number of times he ran isolated into contact (especially when going sideways) was horrific

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I used to a fan of Paul Cully's work but ever since he based himself in NZ I think his knowledge and analysis of anything Australian rugby has been poor and written with a slight negative agenda.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Shout out to Rhys Van Nek. Failed to shine in a couple of other Aus Super Rugby sides but having a ball with the Brumbies.

Played the majority of the game when Allan came off with HIA, strong at scrum time giving his opposite LHP a lot of trouble, tackled anything going his way and made at least two pilfers. Won't be popular here but my MOTM.

Great to see the BRumbies over the park still putting pressure on the breakdown and effecting some valuable turnovers. A big change from recent years.

Also clearly Bernie has brought back the Irish penchant for holding players up in the tackle and forcing a turnover. Must have happened at least three or four times during the match.

One NZ scalp down. Hope to see a few more in coming weeks. Let's go Aus.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
no he wasnt, he made one error and that was running it back when he should have kicked. one bloke played against the best side in super rugby and the other against a dead set joke of a side.
Yep, Wright was far from terrible. All of the Brumbies though, were going to be pushed making a TOTW this week. Against top quality opposition in huge heat with no shade. I thought the game often quite tawdry as everyone on the field was shagged but continuing to front up.

It was an awesome performance from the Brumbies, though perhaps with not too much for any players highlight reel.

Brumbies easily look the form team in Aus and are going to threaten the Kiwi teams.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Yep, Wright was far from terrible. All of the Brumbies though, were going to be pushed making a TOTW this week. Against top quality opposition in huge heat with no shade. I thought the game often quite tawdry as everyone on the field was shagged but continuing to front up.

It was an awesome performance from the Brumbies, though perhaps with not too much for any players highlight reel.

Brumbies easily look the form team in Aus and are going to threaten the Kiwi teams.
It was a great effort game. Where all the off the ball work made the biggest impact.

Reactions: dru

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)

Agree with this. With the exception of the one run where he was isolated, he played a solid if unspectacular game like the rest of the team. I thought he kicked well and has a big boot on him. There were also a number of probing runs.