• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone have anything more concrete on this O'Connor rumour. All I had heard was that he was going to check out Melbourne before making a call.

I hope he stays in Perth, and that the Force are throwing money at him to do so.

Otherwise, it might be good to have a look at some of the Brumby stars. Their team is flailing and not looking at all good. Im sure a few are thinking of jumping ship.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Otherwise, it might be good to have a look at some of the Brumby stars. Their team is flailing and not looking at all good. Im sure a few are thinking of jumping ship.

Going by the wiki, the only young brumby inside back who is coming up for contract renewal is Robbie Coleman. Both Christian Lealiifano and Matt To'omua have contracts through until the end of 2012.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure how much credibility to place on that report? After all, how many rugby revelations have ABC Grandstand ever come up with before?

PS I notice they've just tweeted it but not written a story about it anywhere.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sounds like something they would have picked up of an uncredible source on Twitter

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
So, Harris is effectively regurgitating the ABC Grandstand Report but adding 'an informed source'. Mmmmm. I guess all the media outlets will be following suit?

If at all true will be devastating for the Force. But it'd create a first class backline for the Rebs, certainly if Cipriani was returning?

PS They would have to have a shitload of dosh to effect this scenario?

M

Moono75

ABC is reporting O'Connor has signed with the Rebels. To be announced on Monday.

Force are going to need to prop up their backline stocks for next season. It will be interesting to see if Queensland can hold onto Ben Tapuai, Aiden Toua, Dom Shipperly and Kimami Sitauti. Hopefully the lure of finals footy will keep them in queensland.

Yes I have worried about this for sometime with the Rebels coming into the comp and now it looks like becoming a reality. As a Force fan and member this will be a major kick in the guts. Our best attacking player who is still to reach his prime. Looks like the Force management are resigned to having the franchise be the easybeats of the competition.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Am trying to get all the JOC (James O'Connor) debate in the one place. Please post from now on in the following thread:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/fo...Connor)-to-Rebels-as-well?p=226625#post226625

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I am sorry to see my prediction of a sad decline in the Force with the selection of Graham as Head Coach. He was IMO a failure at Wallaby level with a decline in basic skills execution of the players. On what basis did the Force assess him as a worthy candidate for the job? I think the Force will be in a world of pain next year as they try to rebuild a team from the ground up with a coach who has no proven ability to instill basic skills execution in an elite team let alone a squad building from bare bones as Macqueen has done this year with the Rebels.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ouch. Force bleeding of players is not a good image. Likely signing of Denan Kemp if he goes alright in the Sevens?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Going by the wiki, the only young brumby inside back who is coming up for contract renewal is Robbie Coleman. Both Christian Lealiifano and Matt To'omua have contracts through until the end of 2012.

Coleman has already re-signed with the Brumbies...

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Coleman has already re-signed with the Brumbies...

Appreciate the clarification. As I said, I was only going from the Wiki.

They do seem somewhat overstocked in the inside backs department, especially if they are still going for JOC (James O'Connor).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hope the Brumbies don't get him...

The Brumbies should be chasing high profile outside backs and locks instead...

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Whatever happened to Stefano Hunt? Hardly likely to be a replacement for JOC (James O'Connor) if he goes, but I was hearing good things about him or where these reports beat up because he was related karmichael?

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Appreciate the clarification. As I said, I was only going from the Wiki.

They do seem somewhat overstocked in the inside backs department, especially if they are still going for JOC (James O'Connor).

A backline of 10. To'omua, 12. Coleman, 15. Lealiifano is pretty serviceable. They should forget about JOC (James O'Connor) and strengthen other areas like their second row or wingers. It seems like panic stations to me and they're going to stunt the improvement of some great prospects. Cos if JOC (James O'Connor) comes one of the aforementioned will miss out regularly and they could be world class if given the time. Giteau has already screwed them around for the past 2 seasons with his shifting between 10 and 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.