• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interview with Cron from Pick and Drive:

Bit of an update on Rodda's recovery in there - Cron has him as a possibility for round 1, but they're being careful not to push him or put a date on him. Sounds reasonably likely to return somewhere in the first month or so.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)

Bit of an update on Rodda's recovery in there - Cron has him as a possibility for round 1, but they're being careful not to push him or put a date on him. Sounds reasonably likely to return somewhere in the first month or so.
During the members meeting Cron did discuss Rodda and how they need him to take his time to make sure he is physically and mentally ready.
This time they also tried a different approach to recovery. They actually modified his foot to try and eliminate the issue from happening again. Gives you a little insight into what these guys can go through to get back on the park.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

I'm really enjoying this series from the Pick & Drive boys. I like the technical elements that Cron often mentions in his interviews like the impact of the tackled player presenting clean ball verse the impact the supporting players have at the ruck. They seem to have quantified this for their metrics. It's often the clear out/supporting players who get called out on commentary or by armchair pundits for poor ruck quality, but it's nice to see the tackle players role being highlighted.

This is one of the areas I currently feel Ireland are world class at. I'm not convinced that their athletes are superior, but the detail at the breakdown is just excellent and so consistent.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Improved support from the local newspapers over the past few days.
This double page spread from the Sunday Times.

Attachments

• Sunday Times_18 Feb.jpg
    Sunday Times_18 Feb.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 77

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Western Force Fortescue Academy squad confirmed for 2024

2024 Fortescue Academy Squad:

Albert Alcock, Lipina Ata, Billy Browne, Boston Fakafanua, Kauri Grace, Henry James, Caleb Karangaroa, Justin Landman, Ronan Leahy, Jhy Legg, Ollie McGinnity, Ryan McGloin, Oakley Pearce, AJ Preketes, Doug Phillipson, Finn Prass, Dane Sawers, Max Sawers, HD Stemmet, Manaia TeTana, Cristiano Tizzano, Tiam Toufan, Billy Turnbull, Mitch Watts, Angus Websdale

READ MORE

Desmond

Stan Wickham (3)

Albert Alcock, Lipina Ata, Billy Browne, Boston Fakafanua, Kauri Grace, Henry James, Caleb Karangaroa, Justin Landman, Ronan Leahy, Jhy Legg, Ollie McGinnity, Ryan McGloin, Oakley Pearce, AJ Preketes, Doug Phillipson, Finn Prass, Dane Sawers, Max Sawers, HD Stemmet, Manaia TeTana, Cristiano Tizzano, Tiam Toufan, Billy Turnbull, Mitch Watts, Angus Websdale

READ MORE
Where is Ollie Cummins?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
O'Donnell will go past Cummins in the pecking order for Centres.

READ MORE
Obviously hard to see a lot of these guys for a lot of game time but from the NSW guys; Leahy will be a good Winger even though he was a 13 at School. Lapina Ata has a lot of potential. Played Prop & Hooker last year very well but the best in that group IMO is Boston Fakafanua. Kid can play anywhere in the backline but 12, 15 seems to be the sweet spot. I'd have him at 12. Best player on the field in the U18s NSW v QLD games each time. I think he goes past Cummins in a couple of seasons time as well.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Cummins unlucky then. Only ever seen him as a schoolboy however and really didn't rate them either though.

Would love to see him over east playing some premier grade.

Thoughts Rae?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Think he's going to be undersized at the professional level at 12. 5'10, 85kg just isn't going to get it done in the Centres. Still young so a lot to happen but compared to an O'Donnell 6'1, 97kg. Both skilled players so I lean towards the bigger body.